up for a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Nice ride, the weather was near on perfect. The roads and traffic played nice as well considering it was a Bank Holiday Weekend. We stopped at the Udder room on the way to and coming back from Bury. We lost a small part of our group at the first Udder room stop. I would start naming everyone along on the ride but there were to many to name, and my memory can't take the pressure lol. Hope you enjoy the video much as we enjoyed the ride.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
20150828_114613.jpg
20150828_114613.jpg
Nice ride, the weather was near on perfect. The roads and traffic played nice as well considering it was a Bank Holiday Weekend. We stopped at the Udder room on the way to and coming back from Bury. We lost a small part of our group at the first Udder room stop. I would start naming everyone along on the ride but there were to many to name, and my memory can't take the pressure lol. Hope you enjoy the video much as we enjoyed the ride.

Great to meet you all and ride with you - a new area for me to explore and it was lovely riding with so many other recumbent riders.
Having seen tomorrow's weather is going to be wet and breezy - I packed up and left the Mildenhall Rally for home. It was very wet and dull for much of the way - but I made good time by my standards of 10.5mph over 35 miles. That may sound slow but above is a picture (twice for some reason)of my trike laden and ready to leave for the rally! (and I must admit I bought a few cycle related items while there - so was even heavier going home!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

A few of us got out yesterday morning for a ride to Newmarket. I figured if we went to far we'd soon find ourselves soaked. Plus I think the clouds had everyone in a lazy day mood. The heavens opened later Sunday and have continue off and on throughout today. Thanks for the company guys

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

We're off again. Nothing special, 30 miles or so. Route to be determined Sunday morning when we meet up. As usual feel free to join us.

SUNDAY MORNING @0730
Bury Road Filling Station
Bury Rd
Kentford
Newmarket CB8 7PZ

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Great ride, I spent most of it laughing. I set off in the chill of the Autumn morning. The glove with the finger tips missing may have been a mistake as every time I touched my brakes the cold set in. We got off to a good start, and them we let Jon talk us into using a road that was questionable. I quickly realise loose sand and rocks don't mix well with two wheel recumbents. Once we returned to civilisation we made a wrong turn which led us to some fully loaded brownies at the Udder Room, hmmm. Jon split ways with Dave and I from there. Hope you all enjoy the video. Thanks for joining me Jon and Dave.

jayjay

Veteran
Great to meet you all and ride with you - a new area for me to explore and it was lovely riding with so many other recumbent riders.
Having seen tomorrow's weather is going to be wet and breezy - I packed up and left the Mildenhall Rally for home. It was very wet and dull for much of the way - but I made good time by my standards of 10.5mph over 35 miles. That may sound slow but above is a picture (twice for some reason)of my trike laden and ready to leave for the rally! (and I must admit I bought a few cycle related items while there - so was even heavier going home!)

And from me - Nice to meet you too! Now I can put a face to the posts :smile: The picture over on the left isn't what you saw me on - hehe.. That would be the blue Sprint instead. BTW you got away a lot drier than some of us.

jayjay

Veteran
Great ride, I spent most of it laughing. I set off in the chill of the Autumn morning. The glove with the finger tips missing may have been a mistake as every time I touched my brakes the cold set in. We got off to a good start, and them we let Jon talk us into using a road that was questionable. I quickly realise loose sand and rocks don't mix well with two wheel recumbents. Once we returned to civilisation we made a wrong turn which led us to some fully loaded brownies at the Udder Room, hmmm. Jon split ways with Dave and I from there. Hope you all enjoy the video. Thanks for joining me Jon and Dave.

Ah, I went down a track on Sunday on the Cafe, not really good with the front wheel hopping side-to-side on the loose stones. Nice ride apart from that - but for really hilarious comedy off-roading, follow the sat-nav....

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Ok we're off again. Nice long looping route, starting in Ely to Cambridge and back to Ely. This ride will be on the 20th of Sept. If your in the area an up for a ride please feel free to join us the company is always welcome.
http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3274908-ely-to-cambridge-loop/
Starting point will be:
Near to Price Bailey building
Ely Car Park (quite near Cathedral),
off Broad Street,
Post Code CB7 4GE

Time: 09:00am
Date: 20-Sept-15

I'm working the map now. it will be ready for review by 1700

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

We did it again. Let me start by thanking Rob for driving 70 miles in from Melton Mowbray to join us. I was expecting some fog to start with but as you can see the weather looks nice from start to finish and it was exactly that. Outside of a lot of laughs and a roadside debate with a BMW M3 driver there's not a lot to report other than how wonderful the ride was. Can't wait for the next one, thanks Jon, Brian, and Robert once again.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Time to hit the road again. We're headed to Oxborough to enjoy a nice meal and a pint or two at the Bedingfeld Arms. While we're there we'll also make time for anyone interested seeing Oxborough Hall. I'm not sure about the weather just yet. Looks like rain is in the forecast at the moment, but it's a bit early to be sure. Long as steady showers aren't expected the ride will be a go. We'll be setting off from Angel's Café in Mildenhall and parking is free and unlimited for those who may need to drive. We'll meet for 0830 when the café opens for a hot drink before setting off. All the important details are below, if I've missed anything please let me know.

Route: http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3293021 ... oxborough/

meeting time and local: 0830 on the 11 Oct. 2015 8 Chiswick Ave, Mildenhall, Bury Saint Edmunds IP28 7AY

Lunch stop: http://www.bedingfeldarms.co.uk/

point of interest: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/oxburgh-hall there is a fee to enter the Hall grounds
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/oxboro ... ghcofe.htm

Will

Last edited:
I'd love to join you but it's a bit of a haul from Cheshire!

See if you can see the pike lurking in the moat at Oxburgh - I saw him this spring on the rh side moat as you look at the entrance.

I'm not into needlework (surprisingly...) but the Marian hangings are well worth a look while you are there - made by Mary Queen of Scots, amongst others. Amazing.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Lucky us, looks like the weather Gods have seen fit to throw a high pressure system right in the middle of what's left of hurricane Joaquin. Splitting it right down the middle and leaving us with a nice Autumn day.
I'd like to encourage every that's on the fence about joining this ride to come out. This will probably be the last nice ride weather wise before the cold sets in and the clocks rollback. This ride is a fair distance but as flat as they come.
Jon and Brian are in, turns out it's Dave's birthday so he's out. Robert said he'd be driving in from Mowbray and Alan is a maybe. Decent size group, anyway back to the point don't miss out, you'll regret it.

Will

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

What a group. Alan, Rob, Rich drove in from a far distance to join Jon, Brian, Shahbaz and I. Marco joined us enroute just before we reached Oxborough. This is the largest group we've had and they picked the perfect ride to show up. Every mile seemed to raise the temperature outside and the laughs amongst the group. Rich even afforded us a laugh as a pretty lady said hello he saw fit to lay his bike on its side. I think I'll find a better place to stop for a snack next time we head out this way. They were friendly but we had to sit outside due to booking and the prices were a touch high. We were blessed with long straight roads on the way back home along with beautiful weather. Hats off to Shahbaz for taking his first ride of the year on a DF and doing 55 miles. Thanks again to Rob, Alan,and Rich for driving in and everyone else for attending.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

We have another ride coming up on the 25th. It will be hosted by Alan Goodman starting at 0900. It's starting in Hemel Hempstead so those of you down South that can't make it to our rides in Suffolk here's your chance. I unfortunately can't make it but you will be in good hands. According to Alan the route is a little bumpy but there's beautiful scenery along the way. Alan has inform me he is able to adjust the route if hills will be an issue. There is plently of free parking at the meeting point, along with shops/pubs in case anyone needs to grab a snack for the road. If you need to contact Alan let me know.
So 0900 on the 25th and here's the route.

https://www.strava.com/routes/3490585

Top Bottom