up for a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Agethon

Regular
Don't think I am quite ready for that kind of mileage yet (though it looks nice and flat :smile:) But would like to join you another time!
Are there any riders in the Ipswich area that you know of? A few local shorter rides would be good for a build up!!!

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

There is a group in Ipswich. I was sent a message from one of the riders a little over a year ago. I'll see if I can't find it and put you in touch with them. Hopefully I can find it. Todays ride is going to be a bit of a trek. 60 miles is a fair clip but I've found it's more about pace than distance but that easy to say when you have the conditioning lol.

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Met up with Dave for what was suppose to be 60 miles. It turned into 72 for me and 81 for him. We set out with the sun on our faces, but that soon changed as we hit the Fens which the fog had thoroughly blanketed. We reached the Denver Complex in good time. I wish the video was better but it was just too foggy. We stopped for tea and cake at Denver Golf course where we met a nice DF rider who said he lived in Sedge Fen. We followed him toward what we thought was Sedge Fen which took us off our planned route but with the promise of seeing some new roads we hadn't used before. There must of been a misunderstanding because we were headed toward Swaffham not Sedge Fen. After a fair bit of unplanned climbing we had added 12 miles to my trip and 21 to David's. Talk about being taken for a ride. Lesson learned, hope you in enjoy the video anyway.

Agethon

Regular
Enjoyed the videos. Still hoping to come and join you one day. Went out for 17 miles today (first time in two weeks and after a lot of mince pies!!) managed an average of 11mph so the legs are getting there! Wasn't pushing too hard... Quick question about cameras. How do you mount yours? Because I had mine on the front boom but the bracket snapped (think I shouldn't have had 3 joints in it gave it too much flex. So now thinking of helmet but that is not very discreet,,,,,,

Can't wait to go camping in the summer!

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

I use a generic gopro camera mount for my Virb. Instead of the mount tabs/bolts facing down, they're pointing toward me. So the camera is going out toward the direction of travel versus going straight up. I find the camera is more stable in this position than it was going upward first, and doesn't obstruct my view. The first pivot is 90 degree upward. I keep the lateral pivot loose enough to move by hand to switch between a better road view or a fellow rider curb side. I've just put my bike away from pre-ride prep for tomorrow morning. I'll inbox you a few pics tomorrow.

Will

Agethon

Regular
Thanks would be interested to see! Have a good ride tomorrow. I'm using a go pro look a like MUVI camera. Nice and should be good for my kayaking too! after I have tested the case since it fell off and I ran over it ...... :smile: Just a few scrapes I hope?

Have a good day tomorrow.

Rich

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

We'll be riding 17 April, working up some details now. I'll have more details by Tuesday. We'll be meeting at the Angel's Café @0800 on the 17th as it stands.

Will

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

First ride of the year is a go. I can't say much for the weather as of yet. It's showing rain but it could go either way I reckon. I've got all the usual suspects on the roster, Jon,Dave and Brian.
We're meeting at 0800 on the 17 of April at Angel's Cafe in Mildenhall.
Here's a map of the route but this may change on the day. Hope to see you all there.

https://goo.gl/maps/UCVUx8tXnmy

Will

Falco Frank

Über Member
Good luck.

I have happy memories of fitness camps at Elveden and even an inpromptu mountain race we took part in at Thetford Forest!

Hope we get to see a video of a good days riding please ^_^

OP
OP
cookie32

cookie32

Looks like Dave and I are off for a long one on Sunday, as always it's and open invitation. There isn't much climbing besides the odd foothill here and there otherwise just lot of open road. Hope to see you there. All the details are listed below.

Meeting on Sunday the 10th of July @0845ish
Isleham recreation center, which has plenty of free parking
32 Mill St, Isleham, Ely CB7 5RY

map link here: https://www.bikemap.net/en/route/363797 ... r-complex/

Top Bottom