Up north..100 mile ride to the coast and back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has the Waddington Ride on 20th got it's own thread? Or will it be tacked onto the "Forum ride from Hebden Bridge to Waddington, Sun 27 th Feb (And back!!) " Thread.
Only ask so can confirm start times and expected route etc. etc.
Oh, have we forgotten to do that? I'll start it later this afternoon, then!

PS The new Waddington ride thread is here.

Calum

Put me down as a maybe, really fancy this one as it's so different. My attendance depends entirely on the state of my dissertation and fitness.

ColinJ

Put me down as a maybe, really fancy this one as it's so different. My attendance depends entirely on the state of my dissertation and fitness.
Well, Shaun owns the first post of this thread so he can keep track of who is coming there! It's no use me trying elsewhere because a lot of you guys only read the first and most recent posts! (Mutter, moan, whinge ...)

Get stuck in on your dissertation - you've got 2 weeks!

As for fitness - it's basically a 90 mile tootle with about 10 miles of moderate hills. I think that the forum ride we did last weekend was probably at least as hard as this century will feel, providing that we don't have nightmare weather conditions for it!

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi guys,

sorry but suffering from my 1st ever migraine and it's not fun. not up to trolling thru 5 pages of this thread at mo. maybe sometime next week.

just hope this f***ing thing has gone in morning. had it 2 days now.

supposed to be doing my 1st audax tomorrow. i won't be happy if i have wasted £6 entry fee.

just keep adding you names as maybe then i'll do what colin does and put a list up.

cheers

ColinJ

hi guys,

sorry but suffering from my 1st ever migraine and it's not fun. not up to trolling thru 5 pages of this thread at mo. maybe sometime next week.

just hope this f***ing thing has gone in morning. had it 2 days now.

supposed to be doing my 1st audax tomorrow.
Did you recover in time to do the event and if so, how did it go?

You might want to take a look at this migraine thread to see if you can spot anything that might have triggered yours.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I think Shaun still has a migraine otherwise he'd collate the information... :whistle:
What do ya mean, you're not ready - you romped through a longer, harder ride a few weeks ago!

I'm planning to ride up to the start ramp and back....not sure if i'm taking too much on,but it should be fun trying :wacko: It will make it my biggest mileage in one day if i do it.Chucking the Brookes seat off the Sirrus on to the Boardman to make it comfy for my buttocks !

ColinJ

I'm planning to ride up to the start ramp and back....not sure if i'm taking too much on,but it should be fun trying :wacko: It will make it my biggest mileage in one day if i do it.Chucking the Brookes seat off the Sirrus on to the Boardman to make it comfy for my buttocks !
I see! Oh, and that's fixed too, isn't it? Yes, that could well be a testing day for you even with the relatively flat route profile.

potsy

Rambler
I see! Oh, and that's fixed too, isn't it? Yes, that could well be a testing day for you even with the relatively flat route profile.

Don't feel sorry for him Colin, he's an 11st whippet, just wait until we get back to our fighting weights :tongue:
Really looking forward to this one.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm really looking forward to this ride,as long as there are cake and chippy stops then i should be in with a good chance to complete it.If i do fail then the boss will come over and drag my sorry arse home !

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I'm really looking forward to this ride,as long as there are cake and chippy stops then i should be in with a good chance to complete it.If i do fail then the boss will come over and drag my sorry arse home !

if you want, you can park at my house and cycle over to the start and back together for moral support.

Top Bottom