Up the duff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well its not taken long. Niece of 22 is up the duff. It's boyfriend's 4th at age 22 with 3 other kids with two other women.

He doesn't have a proper job and both are living at my sister in laws. Wife just says she is old enough and nana now seems happy after being very vocal about the boyfriends long list of kids.

Forgive me if I am not too happy about it.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I can't say that I blame you. I might be wrong, but kind of doubt that the BF is likely to stick around, especially if it's his 4th baby by that age.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I do know a lass who deliberately got pregnant at 19 by her on/off BF just to get a council house. She got a nice 2 bed house at that. Step daughter of a late friend. Late friend was very annoyed and said that she was a stupid little girl, which she was IMO. Not particularly mature.

22 sounds a young age to me but then my family all sprogged at 25+ and were in stable relationships with sensible BFs/Husbands. I'm probably just old with ideas that were instilled into me by exceedingly sensible parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents.

Sandra6

Veteran
While its not something I'd wish on someone, and I agree she's not making the best life choices, i don't see why you should be unhappy.
If it was your daughter and you might feel obligated to clean up the mess when it comes to it, fair enough, but your niece's actions shouldn't really impact on your happiness.
My family were unhappy when I got married at 19, unhappy when I was pregnant within the month and no doubt miserable beyond compare that we went on n to have six children and remain married 22 years later.
Its really nobody's business what she does.

Exactly. She works as a nail technician and I can't see her being able to do the hours she does once baby arrives.

There may be problems before that....

It is not unequivocal, but acetone (organic solvent) exposure may cause low birth weight and miscarriage

Make sure there is a risk assessment in place and the levels are monitored

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They both can't support each other financially and are subbing of my sister in law who is now a single parent and doesn't have any spare cash.

I'd be furious if it was my daughter. I'm just an old fart anyway.

Brandane

Legendary Member
And how does your niece feel about it?
At a guess, probably delighted. She is after all a young girl who is expecting a baby. The fact that the father is a serial shagger has probably escaped her, for now. Hopefully, for her sake, he will somehow change his ways and magic himself into a loyal, devoted partner who can provide for her and her child. The mothers of his other children probably hoped for the same, though.

I'd be furious if it was my daughter. I'm just an old fart anyway.
Nah, fossy, just a concerned Uncle. I'd be exactly the same if it was my niece, who is also 22.

TVC

All you can do is give your best advice and support when it is asked for, and hold your council when it's not.

It may be the making of your niece, and if the bloke doesn't follow his responsibilities then it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of kids being raised very well by decent men who are not their biological father - some of those blokes I count amongst my family and friends.

Top Bottom