Up the duff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I do know a lass who deliberately got pregnant at 19 ...

So do I. By the time she was 23 she had three kids. Someone may have called her a silly little girl back in the late sixties, but some folk do have to have an opinion don't they? What's wrong with young people having babies? FFS!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They want to stay at SIL they contribute or tell them to sling their hook and threaten said boyfriend with the csa.
I have a daughter whos 3 and i already dread that talk ..................

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
They want to stay at SIL they contribute or tell them to sling their hook and threaten said boyfriend with the csa.
I have a daughter whos 3 and i already dread that talk ..................
frankie_mens-2.jpg

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, all seem happy with the situation. Really hope her fella steps up to the mark this time. He still regularly sees his other three kids. He's not a bad lad as such, but has got upto some trouble over the years (and he's only 22). I get on with him well, but you get that sinking feeling 'oh not again'.

Fingers crossed it does work out. My Sister in Law has enough to worry about.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sounds like modern Britain to me...

My wife was 16 and I was 17 when she got pregnant, one of the best thing that could have happened to us. 41 years on the kids have done us proud and she is still my best mate and fantastic wife, so not that modern.

Never claimed the dole never got any, and I mean any parental support from either side, and was made homeless, not much fun but certainly character building.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So do I. By the time she was 23 she had three kids. Someone may have called her a silly little girl back in the late sixties, but some folk do have to have an opinion don't they? What's wrong with young people having babies? FFS!
Nothing wrong with young people having babies. My late friend's step daughter just shagged someone for a baby. She didn't really like him but he was nice enough to look at and she figured that her baby would grow up quite nice looking. Not the best way to chose a father for a baby IMO. She got a nice council house without having to wait and the 'father' ran for the hills the minute the P word was mentioned. Literally ran away as in 'oh, I've left my phone in the car' went out of my late friend's house, got in his car and drove off. Changed phone number the works.

@fossyant I hope that your S-I-L charges rent and board to the BF if she's having to feed an extra person. It would be very unfair of him, and her daughter, to expect to be fed and housed for free.

sarahale

Über Member
Sounds like modern Britain to me...

Not all of us, I'm 25 saving hard for first house and neither pregnant/engaged to my boyfriend of 4 years.

I went to a school where 2 girls left at 13 to have babies (not together) I know a lot of young parents, all split up, most unemployed, all living in council housing etc.

Sara_H

Guru
Families come in all shapes ans sizes these days.

As someone who planned her family with military precision, the thought of having a baby without having financial security and a stable relationship horrifies me! I don't envy your neice, I became a step mum in my late 30's, it's very hard - not for the faint hearted. And it sounds like your neice will be dealing with several different mums to the step children? this could all get very messy.

Hopefully all will work out ok for your family, and your SIL doesn't find herself in a position where she's being taken advantage of.
Take it as it comes.

Top Bottom