update....loafers operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Hi, its karon, larry cant see at the moment to type but he has asked me to come on and let u know how he is. He went in on Monday for the operation and came home the same day, but when he went in for his check up on Wednesday they kept him in as they needed to do another operation as the pressure in his eye was too low. He was kept in til sunday evening when they thought he was fine to come home. he has very poor sight at the moment and is able to just make out shapes and read some print with the help of a magnifying glass. He is a bit fed up and bored and hopes that he will be back to normal soon. He is now waiting for an appointment for the next check up next week. Thank you for caring how he is. Ruthie, if u feel like it give him a quick ring and come visit if u would like. love karon x
I've not been on here much of late so I don't know what kind of operation Loafer has had, but whatever it is I hope he gets over it soon with no lasting effects.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
All the best, Larry, hope you're on the mend, and all goes well during your recovery.

Ruthie

Über Member
Hiya Larry and Karon, it was so nice to see you today, keep your chin up mate and I hope you feel better soon. Sorry I had to dash off, but thanks for the tea!

Ruth x

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
update about larry.... Hi guys, its karon again... the good news is larrys headaches have eased up but the bad news is he still cant see, We were at the hospital last week when the consultant said that the pressure has gone up again and his eye was being irritated by the stitch in it, he gave larry an injection, or 2 in his eye to relieve the redness, but when he tried to take the stitch out, larry couldn't keep his eye still to get it out sooooooooo.......... the consultant said he would have to go to theatre, he would mark it as urgent and larry got a letter yesterday saying he would have and assessment on the 19th November (urgent?) to see he was fit to go down........ the consultant also said he has a cataract on his eye which is why he cant see, but that cant be dealt with till after the pressure is sorted and the eye healed, so were looking at after xmas by the looks of it before he gets into hospital probably, but definitely before he gets back to work or out on the bike...... and I know someone who is going crazy being stuck in 4 walls at the minute, I have been getting him out for a few walks but with the weather getting a bit nasty he doesn't really want to go out. Hope your all well and it was lovely to see you too Ruthie, we must do it again soon, are u back at work yet? Thank you all for the well wishes xxx

Top Bottom