Update on NV55PVL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I made a new post as the other one well.....

Update
I went down to my local station today. All seemed good. I started talking with the officer and all seemed well. We talked about the footage and agreed that it showed the driver to be clearly on the phone texting. He then asked " what do you want from this" i had a line ready but baffled talking about telling him its not right blar blar. What i should have said is a warning which is what i meant. He then said "i dont know what you idea of the police is but we dont go round prosecuting every person". "When i see people with their phone i don't always give out a ticket... i will talk to them about the dangers." I said "i understand". He continued as said" When i give them a talking to they leave thinking im a good guy hes alright, rather than that bastard just give me a ticket". He tried to make a point that this was better. I just sat there thinking, these people are going to leave thinking oh this guys a nice guy. Hes also a push over and if i do it again so what, hes just going to talk to me.
I was there sitting thinking what i expect from the police is to uphold law and order.

However i didnt say this becuase

This is where it all goes downhill
He said that " since this was reported by a member of the public it will be very unlikely that it will lead to prosecution" "Even with the video evidence to support you it will still be as unlikely as it was reported by a MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC.
Then we went off the phone user onto me. He then give me a lecture about me having a video camera and how this could antagonize people. I felt like i had fell victim to my own reporting.
I said i was aware of this but he still went on and on and on. I didnt come for a leacture. What really got me was his comment.
"Leave the policing to the police"! In no way am i policing, why do you think i reported it to you. That really annoyed me.

What really pissed me off was what came next!!

My age was also brought into question. The fact i was rather young somehow diminished the value of what i was saying. He came out with a cracking line of "i have more experience than you have been alive"

He stated "last night there were 2 officer to portal the area from this station yesterday because we dont have many officers". He then went on to state " with these two officers what if there was a house being broken into round the corner" "Only 2 officers". "We should we be... becuase im talking to you about a moblie phone and there is a house being broken into". I said "at the house" He then said "im just trying to create context" I felt like saying no mate you're just saying me being here is a BIG farkING WASTE OF MY TIME! I felt that i was at fault for reporting this person. Rather than the inefficiency of reporting things like this. Very victimizing!
I left with the impression that they don't care and the fact im a member of the public discredits what i say.
The FACT is here the police dont have anything like roadsafe so its impossible to report anything without an officer seeing you in person, which is ridiculous!
What will happen is that the job will be delegated to the bigger station only a few minutes away. So the comment was unneeded.

It was agreed that they would speak to the driver and that he would be ADVISED, not warned ADVISED not to use his little phone while driving.
However i would not find out about it because of the DATA protection act which i know is bullshit as the last two times i reported things more serious than this i got a update of what happened the next day!

Overall i kept a smile on my face and not expressing my view and feelings.

Well after all, the driver is going to get advise.

Although i left feeling i was the one in the wrong and that drivers on their phone were not bound by law!

Edit: The officer i talked to was not even the person that i was sent to talk to, he got caught up. So it could have be some desk clerk for all i know.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I sympathise with the officer. In an ideal world, the police would have the resources to deal with any breach of the law. Unfortunately, in these austere times, they can't.

You seem to contact the police on a fairly regular basis to report minor motoring offences. I can see why he has advised you to knock it on the head and leave it to the experts.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I sympathise with the officer. In an ideal world, the police would have the resources to deal with any breach of the law. Unfortunately, in these austere times, they can't.

You seem to contact the police on a fairly regular basis to report minor motoring offences. I can see why he has advised you to knock it on the head and leave it to the experts.
last time i reported to the police was around 7 months ago....
What would happen and did in the past, the case would be passed onto the large station down the road.
I dont report stuff as the process is so inefficient... no road safe or anything like that.... you have to see an officer and i simply dont bother as i dont have the time let alone the police, but i though this was warrant for my time.

Edit: Last time i reported something, the police issued a section 59 warning within a few hours, so i don't just reported any little thing. Again that was 7months ago. In the past year of cycling i have reported 3 things to the police including this one! 2 both got section 59 warnings. Kinda just goes to show the minor motoring offences i report to the police.

Hip Priest

Veteran
last time i reported to the police was around 7 months ago....

Two visits to the police in 7 months. What restraint you have. I've only contacted the police once in my life and I'm 33 years old. Mind, that was to report a serious crime, not to whine on about someone driving around Tynemouth with sub-optimal tyre pressures.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Honestly I would ditch the camera for a month, or more. Go back to enjoying riding rather than being a crusader against motoring offences.

Have you always cycled with a camera?
nope spent 7 years cycling without one, until a driver nearly hit with with his car at 40mph and stated it was my fault for being a cyclist.

Edit: It was head on as he was going too fast for the corner

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
sort of related, last year at 11.45 a drunken woman with a young child about 3 ish in a pushchair wallks down our road screaming incoherently at the child and neighbours, whil bouncing the pushchair of walls,i rang999 as i thought the child was in danger of being hurt, but couldent get past an operater who could only stick to his script by repetedly ask what is she saying exaclty? i got close enouth to be threatend and screamed at so the opperated could hear her, he then asked if i could spell what she was saying, the numpty. just makes me give up

rich p

ridiculous old lush
:laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

"Leave the policing to the police"! In no way am i policing, why do you think i reported it to you. That really annoyed me.
So what do you 'think' you are doing?

nope spent 7 years cycling without one, until a driver nearly hit with with his car at 40mph and stated it was my fault for being a cyclist.
So there was no accident, no-one got hurt, nothing actually happened, only thing that happened was you guessed the speed of a car & got upset.

Alan...

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
So what do you 'think' you are doing?

So there was no accident, no-one got hurt, nothing actually happened, only thing that happened was you guessed the speed of a car & got upset.

Alan...
nope car missed me just,come 3/4 into my lane in doing so .... driver got out and shouted it was my fault because i was a cyclist.
I have done the turn at 30mph so i am assuming to underturn by so much at least a extra 10mph
But after all" there was no accident, no-one got hurt, nothing actually happened, only thing that happened was you guessed the speed of a car & got upset."

So there driving was in perfect standard and they should actually become a instructor as its was just so perfect, why not make him a road policing officer since thats the best way to drive.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

Alan...

How about the whole message, not just the first four words that supports you.
Very poor auguring skills

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Although one good point was made and one i will stick to.

Dont say anything, just stare!

It removes the defense that i instigated any following incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom