Update on NV55PVL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
So do you think he should not have reported it?

Reported it to whom?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
The word accident isn't offensive. It is correct.

You are being offensive, and you are not using the word correctly, or rather you're using it in the old-fashioned sense of excusing drivers their fault. That is not acceptable and no longer correct. More and more people are turning away from using accident, including the police, the CTC, and many others.

400bhp

Guru
Oh, here we go.....

It's pretty stupid to call a collision caused by a drunk or otherwise distracted driver an accident, for pretty obvious reasons. It's like saying a man died by accident after tying steaks to himself and climbing over the fence into a lion pen in a zoo.

Reactions: 4F

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The term 'accident' implies that noone is to blame. If someone dies of a tsunami, that is an accident.
An 'incident' means that an event has happened and someone is to blame but it hasnt been proven yet. An incident is a traffic collision, or anything which could possibly be someones fault.

Hip Priest

Veteran
You are being offensive, and you are not using the word correctly, or rather you're using it in the old-fashioned sense of excusing drivers their fault. That is not acceptable and no longer correct. More and more people are turning away from using accident, including the police, the CTC, and many others.

It appears that your stance is motivated by personal circumstances, and I respect that, so I'll not pursue this matter further. Rest assured that if you threaten me with violence again, I'll take action via the proper channels.

I'd like to thank everyone on Cycle Chat for the help and advice I've been given during my first 18 months or so as a 'proper' cyclist.

Keep on pedalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom