Update on NV55PVL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Is some circumstances, I use my phone regularly when driving perfectly legally.

You mean on handsfree? You might be surprised to find out that can in some situations still be very illegal and get you in big doo doo.

davefb

Guru
Hmm. when you read the whole story the police don't actually "tell her off for slagging off the thieves". They come round and offer her advice on how she's handling the matter on Facebook and take screen grabs to get everything covered.

For example, perhaps it better if instead of getting people to post to HER Facebook she encourages them to call the police if hey see the car? Screen grabs taken as we now have a nice list of witnesses to go speak to that may have seen the offenders.

And her partner out 'looking' for the car doesn't sit comfortably to me... What's he going to do, conduct his own high speed pursuit and drag them out with a CrookLok in his hand?

Some reading between the lines may be needed here I suggest.
I think it's more the "whilst this was happening, the car was still okay, after the police had finished, the car was burnt out"..
obviously all police aren't traffic and perhaps it's an unreal expectation, but since the group involved have a web precence, you might hope it would at least have been worth an effort tracking THEM down instead of the person who's car had been reported stolen..

mind you, something like that, I'd have a tracker device .. surely?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I really disagree with telling tales on people when they have not endangered you at all. Yes, if he drove into you or did something dangerous then by all means report the footage. All you are doing here is policing, which you shouldn't be doing unless you are a Policeman.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
So who's job isit to report crimes? And who are you to determine when a crime is worthy to be reported to the police?

Bob next door is beating on his wife again, but its ok they love each other...

Neighbours smoking weed again, and people keep coming to their door, but kids will be kids!

The difference is that wife beating can have an immediate dangerous affect on a human's life, therefore is more appropriate to report. Most cycle footage I have seen just shows the cyclist shouting or gesturing to the offending driver, and that's fine, but trying to get the Police to take action on your request is not appropriate.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
The fact is it is my word you are going on yes. My dad made a point of which i will follow next time is to record what is said between me and the police in case something like this arises again.
I have wrote alot of emotion into the posts but the basic facts of what was said came in and were said in that order. If i have not sated my reply that is due to my just nodding or agreeing for the purpose. I had said little in the first encounter due to the fact i though it could harm what this person did regarding the driver which i still think to be a fair and just point consdiering what followed.
What i have posted is what happened.
I have posted for advise which most mistake for "say your opinion of what you would or wouldn't do after the fact i reported it, you then go i wouldn't report it... great help thanks". The fact i have asked for advise... to post lies is counter intuitive. I gain nothing from lying.
Now lets clear this up. Boris keeps repeating this over and over.

I am not taking issue with the officers management regarding the driver! I shall repeat. I am not taking issue with the officers management regarding the driver. What he chose to do i am fine with and will not take the matter further as i see it as a correct decision.

The only thing i take offence in, is how i was regarded and treated during the process of reporting something which was wrong and the police had the right to know. Crime or offence, i was right in reporting this. Opinion changes on the matter but to say im wrong to report it, well is stupid. If you wouldn't report it, that's what you would do. There is no reason to take it out on me the fact i did report this but this is not in line with your ideology.
Since i did report it and the fact i asked for advise from what arisesed after... hammering again and again what you would have done is not helpful and has no place since i have done what i have done.
Some say this all could be avoided, yes it could have been.. if the officer took me seriously for X Y Z eg My age and the fact im a cyclist who happened to come across the person and then to report. However it didn't happen that way. Then he followed to claim im a vigilant and personally insult me. (in short but he did clearly call me a vigilant)
If he didn't want it reported or if he didn't think much could come from it... say that then let me leave. However clearly from what people have said... this is far to much to ask. I need to be pursed and crushed into the ground.

Also people seem to now pick up on my video which was a ploy for views to that particular video. True i would agree this was in a sense foolish. However the officer took the video at face value, this is not my fault rather his poor ability. To then accuse me of committing a offence i think it is out of order... (Maybe Drago can comment on that if furious cycling is a crime or offence, i think the latter from your previous comments?)

Newcastle Cycling Campaign were informed from the start once it became about me. They seem to imply im not the only one. A Network manger for this region for Sustrans who took a interest in this encounter is going to send a general inquiry email to the area commander on the general issue. To clear some things up mostly around Furious cycling, harassment= reporting a driver who is in a company car to the company and what the deal is with being told you would be arrested because of it. This is a general email.

I didn't tell the police officer what to do, all i did was simply reported it and made the police force aware of what happen. I at no point told him what he should do. He did ask me what i wanted to come from this but this was a general question which has been asked of me and i think is policy since when Y54VEN nearly knocked me down the same question was asked( Yes 400bhp i now know... no accident, no one was hurt.. non event. In note this did end up in the driver getting a section 59 warning so the police must have disagreed with you ) . This was not telling him what to do, he was asking in effect what i think would happen.

This is why i don't like forums too much. Opinions get in the way.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I really disagree with telling tales on people when they have not endangered you at all. Yes, if he drove into you or did something dangerous then by all means report the footage. All you are doing here is policing, which you shouldn't be doing unless you are a Policeman.

Let's hope other people don't have the same attitude should they observe your house getting burgled.

Reporting a crime is not "telling tales"

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Let's hope other people don't have the same attitude should they observe your house getting burgled.

Reporting a crime is not "telling tales"

Are you honestly saying that you consider burglary and use of a phone to be as bad as each other ? If ever you were looking for definition between a crime and an offence I would say you have it there.

Lance Jack

Über Member
Cycling Dan,
Your last post cleared up a few things for me and I see you in a different (more positive) way. I am not going to add anything to this as, having read eighteeen pages, I think most things have been said.
Dan, remember, opinions are like a***holes, everybody has one and they all stink. (Not that I am calling anybody on here a a***hole!)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's what the cyclist who refused to use the cycle lane was charged with, IIRC.

Could be, most of the driving offences contain the phrase "...you drove a mechanically propelled vehicle...".

Prosecutors still use wanton and furious when the vehicle - such as a bike - is not mechanically propelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom