ups and downs of buying bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

bought two bikes this weekend :wahhey:
DSC_1680.JPG

a nice cinelli just my size bought at a yard sale. Then the loving daughter says that's nice i need a new bike :sad:
A friend down the pub mentioned he had a old raleigh with gold bits on it. £50 and an original record sprint is mine :wahhey:
DSC_1681.JPG

its too big :cry:
Does this happen to anyone else or is it my bad karma?

midlife

Guru
Blimey that's a nice Cinelli :smile:

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

i know and the daughter is using past promises of getting her a bike and the wife is on her side bye bye cinelli

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Yes - this year's project turned into three projects, and two Bay of Thieves disasters with frames; one had a crumple under the thick powdercoat, and the other, described as a "road racing frame" was a heavyweight Dawes Galaxy with a spoof 531DB tubes, forks and stays decal.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Its true, you need to be careful. That Record Sprint can't be anything else, even with quite a few bits replaced but are you sure that's a Cinelli?

midlife

Guru
Its true, you need to be careful. That Record Sprint can't be anything else, even with quite a few bits replaced but are you sure that's a Cinelli?

cinelli_seatclamp.jpg

Seat stays scream mid 90's Super Corsa

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
That Cinelli is gorgeous, and I'm jealous; your daughter is a very lucky girl, and I hope she knows it! £50 for the Raleigh is a bargain, even if it's a bit too big for you - will it work for you if you drop the seat tube as low as it will go (and angle the saddle forward just a tad!)?

Top Bottom