ups and downs of buying bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

fettled with the cinelli and got the shifters working and lowered the seat had a test ride but to me it feels stiff but the daughter took it out on a two mile jaunt and liked it so i guess ive lost it
20170705_171110.jpg

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

any ideas what pedals would look good as she doesn't use clipless or toeclips?

Alan O

Über Member
On a Cinelli,:ohmy: xx( :thumbsdown:
Well, for someone who doesn't use clipless or clips and straps, a pedal intended for straps but without any is surely going to have their feet sliding all over the place? Being practical rather than stylish (which anyone who's seen me can confirm), I'd have thought something with good grip would be needed.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well, for someone who doesn't use clipless or clips and straps, a pedal intended for straps but without any is surely going to have their feet sliding all over the place? Being practical rather than stylish (which anyone who's seen me can confirm), I'd have thought something with good grip would be needed.
I run those pedals I linked to on my Equipe,

002.JPG

Never had my foot slip off.

Alan O

Über Member
I run those pedals I linked to on my Equipe,

View attachment 360663

Never had my foot slip off.
Ah, OK - I suppose if they work with a sensible choice of footwear, then yes, they do look pretty nice.

In fact, I'm sorely tempted by them for a fixed-wheel build I'm just starting - it has a green frame, and will have black saddle, bar tape, cabling and spokes, so those pedals in black (with black straps) would look good. And the price is nice too.

Alan O

Über Member
In fact, I'm sorely tempted by them for a fixed-wheel build I'm just starting - it has a green frame, and will have black saddle, bar tape, cabling and spokes, so those pedals in black (with black straps) would look good. And the price is nice too.
With free shipping, I couldn't resist - I've ordered a pair ^_^

Top Bottom