Upset about my brother.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
It’s actually FPKW in this instance, with the P being Pro obviously. FKW would be full Castelli/Assos/Altura etc. :smile:

I embrace the Castelli kind personally. Couldn’t care who thinks what.

My brother has been into cycling a year now and has completed two sportives. He’s older and much heavier than I. Although he’ll never be that quick I was proud of him.
The trouble is at the weekend he went out in the full Team sky kit including the socks and helmet. It’s bad enough been a MAMIL but to be a pro team kit w@**€¥ as well. It’s just embarrassing. People will say Steve Cummings has really let himself go now.

What is so upsetting about his choice of attire? Its his life if he looks like a prat (or a pro). I say live and let live.

Grumpy_Git

I first heard of FKWs at football, usually spotting them at the pub or playing five a side badly.

As for cambium, you all know what i mean, or Google is your friend

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
My commute is a paltry 30miles per week. Add another 20 miles of fun riding every week. And longer tours when I have time, still not huge.
Excellent effort, but you may find that if you were in the saddle longer, lycra would be more comfortable.
As I said, whatever works for people, live and let live.
Actually, you said this, first of all:
Personally I feel lycra has no place outside of professional sports so weekend warriors and full on commuters make me shake my head.
Just sayin'! :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hey I'm no fan of FKWs but if he feels better in it then live and let live.

Personally I feel lycra has no place outside of professional sports so weekend warriors and full on commuters make me shake my head.

Just casual shorts and t-shirt for me, others think I'm not a real cyclist or not trying hard enough.

I ride over 200km most weeks. I wear lycra for a few reasons. Its warm, its comfortable, it dries quick, it is made without seams and so doesnt rub and cause sores.

None of my gear has team logos or red dots like king of the mountain. There is certainly a place for lycra outside the professional sport. But I agree there is no place for professional team strips outside the professional sport. But thats only my opinion.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm waiting for an aldi team kit to come on the market,i would wear that
Well there sort of is isn't there? I wear my Crane and Crivit team gear with pride, and get many admiring glances from other cyclists. I will admit though (with great shame) that sometimes, although not intentionally, the two do get mixed and I'll end up with Crane shorts and Crivit jersey, or vice versa. Very, very embarassing I can tell you, I'm sure it affects my performance too, my commute certainly feels slower if I mix up my Lidl and Aldi gear.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm waiting for an aldi team kit to come on the market,i would wear that

Would Lidl do?

3391424.jpg

Top Bottom