Upsetting the 4x4 mums on Mumsnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
snorri said:
but the 4x4s around your way which tow horse boxes to horsey events are working vehicles??
Horses kept for prancing around a showground, or leaping over artificial fences are not working horses, and the vehicles purchased to tow their horse boxes are not working vehicles.
I am sure no one wants to spoil your horsey fun LLB, but do remember it is fun or self imposed work, not real work.
Anyway, I don't want you upsetting rich p, he is going to need all of his energy and concentration this next couple of weeks;);););)

No, I think there is a point - the difference between buying a car because you need it for a certain purpose (whether that be work, or to allow you to carry out a pastime), and buying one becuse it's all the rage, or makes you look big, or allows you to bully other people...

Obviously, some people who need one for specific things will also drive like prats, just as some people who could just as well use a small family car drive their 4x4's perfectly well...

LLB

snorri said:
but the 4x4s around your way which tow horse boxes to horsey events are working vehicles??
Horses kept for prancing around a showground, or leaping over artificial fences are not working horses, and the vehicles purchased to tow their horse boxes are not working vehicles.
I am sure no one wants to spoil your horsey fun LLB, but do remember it is fun or self imposed work, not real work.
Anyway, I don't want you upsetting rich p, he is going to need all of his energy and concentration this next couple of weeks;):blush:;):blush:

I am afraid you are just showing your ignorance here regarding Equestrian competition Snorri. There are many disciplines in equestrianism, Dressage and showjumping as you mentioned being only two, as well as cross country, endurance, hunting, team chasing, plowing, as well as the armed forces & police forces using them, an the list goes on.

How do you class cycling competitions by comparison. By your reasoning, time trials should be banned as they hold the traffic up and could be held in a velodrome, or closed circuit instead

LLB

Arch said:
No, I think there is a point - the difference between buying a car because you need it for a certain purpose (whether that be work, or to allow you to carry out a pastime), and buying one becuse it's all the rage, or makes you look big, or allows you to bully other people...

Obviously, some people who need one for specific things will also drive like prats, just as some people who could just as well use a small family car drive their 4x4's perfectly well...

Which I totally agree with !

OP
OP
T
Patrick Stevens said:
Has anyone gone onto Mumsnet and asked what to do if the children wake up and come downstairs while you're hosting a swingers party?

Is there something you want to tell us, Patrick?

My favourite thread on Mumsnet is "How do I let my husband know that I'm into spanking?"

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I feel I'm missing out :blush:
I've had a quick browse through the fun and games section and can find no mention of roasting, spanking, under the covers fun or even spanking a roast under the covers !! Oh well, back to the huns yellow pages !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
snorri said:
Anyway, I don't want you upsetting rich p, he is going to need all of his energy and concentration this next couple of weeks;):blush:;):ohmy:

Snorri, I have a picture but she doesn't arrive until tomorrow so it could be a fake. She's a looker though;):blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE217170]
linfordlunchbox" said:
I like leisure cycling. Though I'm buggered if I should have to pay for my hobby.

You mean if you buy a bike or pay to join a cycling club they have to give you one up the jacksie!:blush::ohmy:

Linf, mate, your 4x4 isn't a working vehicle. It's a leisure vehicle. To help you maintain the leisure interest that you choose to pursue.

Don't pretend that you have no choice.

There are some very uneven pavements around.......

Nothing less than a 4x4 can manage to park illegally on these pavements with the safety and assurance of a 4 wheel drive.

snorri

Legendary Member
linfordlunchbox said:
I am afraid you are just showing your ignorance here regarding Equestrian competition Snorri.

You are having difficulty distinguishing between work and leisure, I don't need any knowledge of equestrian pursuits to work that one out.

Top Bottom