Urgent advise needed - buying new car - are MGs reliable or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wrong car, your thinking of the old Jimny

Nope the old (convertible) Vitara was also one for sure
both wrong., it was the Suzuki X90 2 seat 4wd with a targa top!
1705911060659.png

Drago

Legendary Member
I may have just accidentally ordered an MG ZS EV long range with Trophy trim on a lease 🤦‍♂️ It's a very cheap deal for civil servants/ex civil servants, and as we won't own it I won't care if the paint falls off.

Mrs D will likely use it most of the time as now she's using her wheelchair more were struggling with the - otherwise superb - Mini Electric. The mini will revert to me.

OP
OP
E
I may have just accidentally ordered an MG ZS EV long range with Trophy trim on a lease 🤦‍♂️ It's a very cheap deal for civil servants/ex civil servants, and as we won't own it I won't care if the paint falls off.

Mrs D will likely use it most of the time as now she's using her wheelchair more were struggling with the - otherwise superb - Mini Electric. The mini will revert to me.

I was looking for a decent lease deal on something like that

just couldn't justify the monthly cost over buying an older petrol car with better mpg than my old one

never found one for ex-teachers - but teachers are sort of civil servants so did I miss something??

Drago

Legendary Member
A scheme through NARPO for ex plod, which me and Mrs D both are. I know there is something similar for healthcare types. Its a fair bit cheaper than even Motability.

I'm not a fan of leasing, but the numbers are so low I was suckered in.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A scheme through NARPO for ex plod, which me and Mrs D both are. I know there is something similar for healthcare types. Its a fair bit cheaper than even Motability.

I'm not a fan of leasing, but the numbers are so low I was suckered in.

Loads at our place doing the salary sacrifice deal, but it's not cheap. It's an all inclusive deal, insurance, tyres etc but it's a good £400 plus out of your pocket each month, and add in the bigger impact of £600 plus coming off your gross pay for pension purposes, it's not worth it.

Plenty haven't considered the impact on pension of the salary sacrifice.

I assume your deal is more traditional lease, for which there can be very good deals.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
because I don't have a job :laugh:

Stop boasting ! :okay:

Top Bottom