[Urgent] International phone numbers question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Enjoy the easy part!
Yes, I have no doubt it will be easier than the cycling that follows. :rolleyes:
cycling-smiley-uphill.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, I have no doubt it will be easier than the cycling that follows. :rolleyes:
cycling-smiley-uphill.gif
I meant the trip to the airport!

On your iphone (I assume you have one), press and hold the 0 and it gives you the +
Yes, we have Steve Jobs to thank for the 0/+ button.

startac.jpg

(it's been on phones forever)
Enjoy the easy part!

That's not the easy part for me. I have several times succumbed to an infection bad enough to need antibiotics after the stress of that journey. I can't sleep on planes.

I meant the trip to the airport!
Tullamarine-Freeway-5785272.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

classic33

Leg End Member
Enjoy your hols @Shut Up Legs!
If you read this over Wi-Fi, download whatsapp : https://www.whatsapp.com/
it will show who in your contacts has already got it, calls are free over WI-FI or it uses your mobile data (not minutes) allowance.
Similar is facebook messenger, you can call with it too, most people have FB on their phone.
Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.orca&hl=en_GB
He'll be asleep on the plane by now. Unless there's a kid kicking the back of his seat.

He'll be asleep on the plane by now. Unless there's a kid kicking the back of his seat.
or not. He went to bed at 9pm last night. It's now 9am. He's probably just telling them he packed his own bags and no one has interfered with them.

Bon voyage, @Shut Up Legs

btw, most people seem to sleep like babies on long haul - but in case you are like me, just close your eyes whenever you feel the need and turn on a movie if you can't sleep. I come out best the other end with 1/2 dozen 20 minute naps rather than several hours of tossing and turning. If you aren't like me, you'll close your eyes for a 20 minute nap, and wake again when the seat belt light comes on heading into DXP/SIN/CDG/LHR.

oh, if it's heathrow, lean out the right side 3 minutes after flying over the Wandsworth Prezel and wave at me.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
He was on here at quarter to eleven, Excitement keeping him awake maybe?

Globalti

Legendary Member
As long as both parties are in a wifi area, WatsApp calls are amazingly clear and, I think, free. I use it a lot to some of my African agents and customers.

The funny thing is that a WatsApp call is an internet application not a phone call so sometimes your phone rings while you're talking on WatsApp.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, Abu Dhabi then Rome then Tououse. The 1st leg is 14+ hrs! :cry:
I got a paper 2 cycling mags + The Da Vinci Code, in case I can't sleep and end up like -- :eek:
First stop was known, they all stop there.

Sit back back enjoy the flight and make use of the onboard WiFi.

Top Bottom