[Urgent] International phone numbers question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
On your iphone (I assume you have one), press and hold the 0 and it gives you the +
You will have course thrown the iPhone 6, now just another piece of mobile history?

Can I ask a dumb phone number question? If I wanted to call an Australian number from France, then given that the Australian dialling code is 61, is there an alternative to using 00 (international dialling code for France) followed by 61? Sometimes phone numbers in Australia (for international business customers, for example) are prefixed with +61, so do customers calling Australia from other countries still have to enter their international dialling code before the 61?

I've never used a mobile phone from outside Australia, as the last time I travelled overseas was 1997, hence my confusion. Any clarification appreciated.

Thanks,

--- Victor.
So did you parents not keep this excellent guide book from Telecom Australia (later renamed Telstra) in a drawer in their living room for 26 or 27 years?
IMG_20160919_192101.jpg
IMG_20160919_192218.jpg

(I've dated it as '89 or '90 because Telecom Oz changed it's name in '95, and the list of countries in the back includes Myanmar - that name dates from '89, and the Arab Republic of Yemen - which became part of Yemen in '90)

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
So did you parents not keep this excellent guide book from Telecom Australia (later renamed Telstra) in a drawer in their living room for 26 or 27 years?
View attachment 144530 View attachment 144529

(I've dated it as '89 or '90 because Telecom Oz changed it's name in '95, and the list of countries in the back includes Myanmar - that name dates from '89, and the Arab Republic of Yemen - which became part of Yemen in '90)
Yes they possibly did. I'm old enough to have used phones with a rotating dial. Today it's so much simpler.

Last edited:
Top Bottom