Urinating in public yes/no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to use the Doric Arch at Euston a fair bit, but then i used to pop in for a pint a fair bit too, so if the the two didn't activities didn't always coincide I figured it was still fine. They have a screen showing the Euston train departures, so if there was an issue on the line delays it was a good place to go and wait it out till things got moving again.
I used to quite often go into hotels (Charing Cross Hotel was handy, where I used to quite often go with friends for a quiet natter)- if they had bars there would always be toilets - if dressed well-ish and you look as if you knew were you were going no problem. A bit more of a problem these days as some of the more upmarket ones now have folk on the doors.
If you have your wits about you, practically it is not a great problem in London.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't say I've any issues here - rarely know where a loo is. It's obvious from the 16 pages you are all old duffers with dodgy bladders :whistle::whistle:

:angel:

Adam4868

Guru
When my Mam was a Posty, admittedly in a rural village, there were people on either round she did that would not only let her pop into to use the loo, but also make her a quick cup of tea.

At our work office, we have a pretty obvious disabled loo by the door and reception area. Various courier /deliver drivers often ask "do you mind if I use the loo" which we are obviously happy to oblige.
Yes fair points....but not in a pandemic.Ar the start of lockdowns it was near impossible to find a toilet open.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A BAN on begging, urinating or defecating in public, and the misuse of bicycles and skateboards is set to be extended later this month.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/21252898.burnley-town-centre-public-pooing/

Mmmm.🤔

Sounds reasonable if there are 24 hr public toilets.

The public toilets nearest me have been closed for a while, they are still there if the council wanted to pay for them. I normally use Lidl if I'm in town and need the loo😉

Out on the bike though it's a different story, I've had many wees behind bushes etc. Have had to do the other thing occasionally though I find a very remote spot for that (and take my paper away with me)

Many years ago on a night out I was apprehended mid stream by a copper, had a stern talking to but nothing more luckily.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I don't think there are, unless it says so in the article and I've missed it. Surely any public toilets remaining will be locked early evening at the latest.🤔
https://www.toiletmap.org.uk/
There are some loos in Burnley; one set are only open 9 hours a day; another closes for weekends!

Not surprising that on overnight rides, most of the group go al fresco at some point.

Top Bottom