Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Hey, I live in rural France :laugh:

It's not a common place sight but it is certainly not rare. Maybe I've become desensitized but I don't really have an issue with it. And of course, I've done it myself often enough when out cycling. I do find a discrete spot though, not that there's anything other around here.

As mentioned upthead, context is everything. Taking a dump in Worthing high street (whatever you think of Worthing) no, not on. But a pee into the hedgerow on the B-whatever to the aptly named Little Piddle, no probs.

What about that poor little town on the Austrian border?

Gwylan

Veteran
There was a time when my boys assured me you could tell if you were on the Belgian or French bit of the motorway.
Belgian men liked to watch the traffic go by and the French turned away from it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Urban myth, like what cabbies are allowed and not allowed to do

Its actually not…..as i was told that 30yrs ago by a barrister. I was in his office and i asked if he had used any of the old books he had on his shelves and then he told me of the trucker law and used to succesfully defend a case.

Adam4868

Guru
Its actually not…..as i was told that 30yrs ago by a barrister. I was in his office and i asked if he had used any of the old books he had on his shelves and then he told me of the trucker law and used to succesfully defend a case.
Think you'll find it is....it's from the days of horse drawn carriages.

Adam4868

Guru
So the barrister was lying then……but i guess CC would know better wouldnt they
Some barrister you spoke to 30 years ago :laugh:

jowwy

Some barrister you spoke to 30 years ago :laugh:

Yeh, thats the last time i needed one……….why, do you need one regularly then??? But i suppose its better than getting the info from google, like you probably did.

Adam4868

Guru
Yeh, thats the last time i needed one……….why, do you need one regularly then??? But i suppose its better than getting the info from google, like you probably did.
For your information I've held a hackney carriage license for over 30 years,so I have a little knowledge.
Who was the barrister....Rumpole :laugh:

jowwy

For your information I've held a hackney carriage license for over 30 years,so I have a little knowledge.
Who was the barrister....Rumpole :laugh:

So because you used to drive a taxi….you know the law on urinating on a truck tyre, pull the other one will, it got bells on it. Jesus christ

Randomnerd

Bimbleur

He was lifting your leg.
The law he was quoting was from 1874, and allowed for the driver of a coach to urinate against the wheel so long as his hand was on the coach- he would have to hold the horse reins.
This might be a reasonable legal defence if you were in charge of a coach and four.
Otherwise, as with many other laws, subsequent national and local laws have taken precedence.
I'd hazard a guess you could work this out for yourself? Maybe you felt the urge to vent your spleen? There should be a bylaw against that.
(I'm not a barrister, but do have my HGV tickets, which allows me - under the 1937 Bladder Relief (Heavy Goods) Act - to micturate in a Lucosade bottle, screw the cap back on and chuck it in the verge for curious cyclists to eye up.)

Adam4868

Guru
He was lifting your leg.
The law he was quoting was from 1874, and allowed for the driver of a coach to urinate against the wheel so long as his hand was on the coach- he would have to hold the horse reins.
This might be a reasonable legal defence if you were in charge of a coach and four.
Otherwise, as with many other laws, subsequent national and local laws have taken precedence.
I'd hazard a guess you could work this out for yourself? Maybe you felt the urge to vent your spleen? There should be a bylaw against that.
(I'm not a barrister, but do have my HGV tickets, which allows me - under the 1937 Bladder Relief (Heavy Goods) Act - to micturate in a Lucosade bottle, screw the cap back on and chuck it in the verge for curious cyclists to eye up.)
Don't spoil it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom