Urinating in public yes/no ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
It’s perfectly acceptable to discretely have a pee anywhere and it’s disgusting that having to carry out a natural requirement is deemed illegal.
I’d go to jail before I payed a fine for it.

It seems dim witted to me that people find it unacceptable.
I can only assume that those people don’t pee or wear adult nappies

If a toilet is available then off course someone would use it , but if it’s not then what ?
Are people saying that you should piss yourself before peeing outside ?
Of course its OK i often have an al-fresco pee ^_^ but consideration is required. On the NC500 tourist route theres beauty hot spots which reek of urine...visitors have miles of open country to unload and could easily have gone behind a tree or jumped over a wall elsewhere, :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years last night. The pub's toilets we were in were upstairs. The steps to those toilets were quite high and steep. I didn't fancy the climb and descent with my dodgy hip/leg, so I kept nipping out the pub to have a pee in the next door's disused cinema's doorway. The bus I caught back home took the long route. The normally 5 mile journey was around 10 miles. I was dying for a pee half way home and if it hadn't been the last bus I'd have got off to have a pee then caught the next one following. When I eventually got off I pegged it to the waiting to be removed town's Christmas tree and peed what must've been 2 pints. I woke up this morning and checked local Facebook pages to see if there were any 'Name this man' topics as naming and shaming peeing persons is quite common now. Thankfully there weren't any showing me. I think it's more when the person has peed outside someone's house and not such places as disused cinemas and old Christmas trees.:secret:

I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years last night. The pub's toilets we were in were upstairs. The steps to those toilets were quite high and steep. I didn't fancy the climb and descent with my dodgy hip/leg, so I kept nipping out the pub to have a pee in the next door's disused cinema's doorway. The bus I caught back home took the long route. The normally 5 mile journey was around 10 miles. I was dying for a pee half way home and if it hadn't been the last bus I'd have got off to have a pee then caught the next one following. When I eventually got off I pegged it to the waiting to be removed town's Christmas tree and peed what must've been 2 pints. I woke up this morning and checked local Facebook pages to see if there were any 'Name this man' topics as naming and shaming peeing persons is quite common now. Thankfully there weren't any showing me. I think it's more when the person has peed outside someone's house and not such places as disused cinemas and old Christmas trees.:secret:
I take it you don't have to go upstairs to pee at home.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I take it you don't have to go upstairs to pee at home.
You are correct. I have to climb stairs to my flat, but there aren't many and they aren't steep.

stephec

Legendary Member
Wetherspoon's?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wetherspoon's?
No, this one.:okay:

https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/84765/

'Toilets are upstairs and I didn't see any sign of a disabled toilet downstairs. Other than that there is only a shallow step before the front door for a wheelchair user to negotiate and the inside is all on one level with sufficient space for a wheelchair to get to a table.

Whether this is a true micropub or whether it is really a small bar may be up for some debate but in any event it is a small friendly place that is well worth a visit. It is certainly nice to have somewhere other than the Wetherspoons in Blackburn town centre offering a decent selection of real ale'.

Last edited:
No, this one.:okay:

https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/84765/

'Toilets are upstairs and I didn't see any sign of a disabled toilet downstairs. Other than that there is only a shallow step before the front door for a wheelchair user to negotiate and the inside is all on one level with sufficient space for a wheelchair to get to a table.

Whether this is a true micropub or whether it is really a small bar may be up for some debate but in any event it is a small friendly place that is well worth a visit. It is certainly nice to have somewhere other than the Wetherspoons in Blackburn town centre offering a decent selection of real ale'.
Has to be said.
I know that building - I used to go years and years ago when it was the Classic cinema.
In case folk have the idea that you were repeatedly pissing in pretty much a bit of waste ground next to an about to be demolished building, that doorway you were pissing in repeatedly is very central, right near the town hall. Before its history as a cinema it was a textile exchange of some sort and is Grade 2 listed. There are plans to turn it into an arts and community resource for Blackburn. I suggest you find a different place to repeatedly piss and drink. There's a world of dfference Accy between a piss behind a bush, on a bike ride or whatever, when you just have to go, and pissing in the street. Repeatedly.

Nice pics of the exchange here.

https://exchangeblackburn.org.uk/#about

Event planned for the building - Blackburn Cotton Exchange - I don't know if it went ahead. I was around in Blackburn town centre (not pissing in it) round about that time and saw some outdoor stuff. The plague may have affected indoor events.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....xtile-biennial-return-blackburn-area-october/

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

T4tomo

Guru
Try doing a 12 mile post round in a residential area with no pubs or shops....
When my Mam was a Posty, admittedly in a rural village, there were people on either round she did that would not only let her pop into to use the loo, but also make her a quick cup of tea.

At our work office, we have a pretty obvious disabled loo by the door and reception area. Various courier /deliver drivers often ask "do you mind if I use the loo" which we are obviously happy to oblige.

T4tomo

Guru
Re my reference to it above,

codes for selected London toilets.

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NZc0IPV9SV_Wy9xoDckHbVDgJyeW2Str231Uz_e0Mg4/edit#gid=0

mind you they might now change them all, such is the fear of cyclechat.

I used to use the Doric Arch at Euston a fair bit, but then i used to pop in for a pint a fair bit too, so if the the two didn't activities didn't always coincide I figured it was still fine. They have a screen showing the Euston train departures, so if there was an issue on the line delays it was a good place to go and wait it out till things got moving again.

Top Bottom