US Goods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Isn't there a New Balance factory somewhere near Whitehaven?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5290911, member: 45"]A friend of mine bought one last year. He's a great bloke, and has decided that this is the image that he wants to buy into. That's fine for him and not for me, but it doesn't remove the fact that HDs are rubbish.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what HD's are, a lifestyle item. A mate of mine years ago had a Heritage Soft Tail Classic, a fully dressed monster with the performance and handling of an aircraft carrier. Out riding with him I used to take the bends at well below thrill speed, sometimes with one hand on my knee while I watched him in the mirrors fighting to get the thing round as if he was on board a rodeo horse.

Good luck to those who like them, they have perfectly valid reasons but no way are the bikes any more than an outdated throwback to the fifties.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
[QUOTE 5291182, member: 259"]You couldn't make it up. Harley Davidson are moving some of their production abroad to mitigate the cost of the steel tariff imposed by Trump and now the orange one has threatened them with "big tax" in response.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this just leads to accusations that leads them down the “unAmerican” route that leads to McCarthyism.

The *only* winning move is to drop trade barriers, there aren’t any other ways.

TVC

Trump must think that Europe, China and his two nearest neighbours aren't talking to each other, and aren't talking to the heads of the largest corporations. There can ultimately only be one loser in this and that is the American worker.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
This a list of some of the many goods made in US:
  • KitchenAid mixers.
  • Vitamix blenders.
  • Lodge cookware.
  • Viking appliances.
  • Aquasana filters.
  • Igloo coolers
  • Harley Davidson motorcycles
  • New Balance shoes
  • Jack Daniels whisky
  • Pork belly
  • Levi jeans
Not all are targeted by the EU yet but may well be in future. I don't have any apart from a Vitamix blender.

You can add various "European" cars to that list, including the BMW X3 and X5, and the Mercedes C Class and GLE.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can add various "European" cars to that list, including the BMW X3 and X5, and the Mercedes C Class and GLE.
In fact Daimler manufacture in many places all over in world.
Vehicle plants:
Bremen/Germany
East London/South Africa
Hambach/France
Iracemápolis/Brazil (from 2016)
Kecskemét/Hungary
Rastatt/Germany
Sindelfingen/Germany
Tuscaloosa/USA
Passenger car assembly locations (e.g. Completely/semi–knocked-down: delivered parts kits are locally assembled):
Bangkok/Thailand
Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam
Jakarta/Indonesia
Pekan/Malaysia
Pune/India

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
In fact Daimler manufacture in many places all over in world.
Vehicle plants:
Bremen/Germany
East London/South Africa
Hambach/France
Iracemápolis/Brazil (from 2016)
Kecskemét/Hungary
Rastatt/Germany
Sindelfingen/Germany
Tuscaloosa/USA
Passenger car assembly locations (e.g. Completely/semi–knocked-down: delivered parts kits are locally assembled):
Bangkok/Thailand
Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam
Jakarta/Indonesia
Pekan/Malaysia
Pune/India

Same with most goods isn’t it? Apple may be an American company but the devices use materials and are built in Asia.

Top Bottom