Usb ID Bands-Any Paramedics Out There?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
I was having a look at these recently,thinking that one might be of use when it occurred to me,just how often do paramedics/A&E come across them in live situations?Are they in fact as useful as they may seem?So,in an effort to find out,I rang my local service.Wrong move,Im no wiser Im afraid,nor indeed were they,though it must be said that having been passed through most of the system and ending seemingly with Betty on reception in a garage,I never spoke to a Paramedic.Under no circumstances would I go up to someone in a live situation and start asking damnfool questions,and Im loth to bother someone in a more relaxed situation when theyre off duty.So,if youre out there Im bothering you!:thumbsup:Any use or not?Any advice on relevant info.Do many trusts use this form of info retrieval(Cumbria-N West being my area).

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm not a Paramedic but from personal point of view I would not put my details on a USB.
I use a sticker on my helmet which lists my name, ICE number, my allergies and medical conditions.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dog Tag for me with all the relevant information. Instant access and instantly readable.

USB I can imagine would be too much of a faff.

Ern1e

Über Member
All I have are a pair of the old fashioned "dog tags" which have name d.o.b. and a phone number plus my hospital number,which so I am told should be enough info for ambulance/a&e staff to be able to find out just who they have if I was unable to talk. I would not like to entrust any info like that to a device such as you mention @Hyslop

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Thanks,I wondered about that as an option but wondered if they removed a helmet in the event of a crash.It would be back up anyway,I have basic info on a card kept in a pocket(dont let on,but its an Assos card-posh eh^_^).

ScotiaLass

Guru
I use one like this...

images.jpeg

young Ed

Veteran
to all of those with dog tags, do you were them round your neck whilst riding and general everyday living? i have been thinking of getting a pair for a while but think a ball chain would be uncomfortable often? maybe i should try some leather thong (thin leather strip) as i'm a leather worker and i have a leather working mate who does lots of braiding so has miles of thong lying about, or some paracord?
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
to all of those with dog tags, do you were them round your neck whilst riding and general everyday living? i have been thinking of getting a pair for a while but think a ball chain would be uncomfortable often? maybe i should try some leather thong (thin leather strip) as i'm a leather worker and i have a leather working mate who does lots of braiding so has miles of thong lying about, or some paracord?
Cheers Ed

Only when cycling and don't notice I'm even wearing it.

martinireland

Leisure Cyclist
I use a wrist id band.... wear it all the time. Was i think about 30 euros delivered. Its silacone band with metal id tag and clasp.I also have an id app on phone as sn extra but think now it may never be read !

Top Bottom