USB stereo systems in cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul J

I don't know of one as most players I have come accross in cars only use mp3. I could be wrong but mp4 is mainly for videos.

The cars I drive all have USB but TBH I've never used one, the head units stream music wirelessly from my iPhone. If your car has factory bluetooth does it not do the same?

If it hasn't then I know that's no help, sorry :wacko:

defy-one

USB and iPod compatibility are a god send in cars. No more cd's sloshing about the place.
Always use mp3 as it works on all systems with USB/IPod connectivity.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I just use mp3 for maximum compatibility, the aac and mp4 files that would play on my ipod, don't necessarily play on any other players, this is also the reason I don't use the itunes music store, I now use amazon, 7digital, play and juno music store instead. I am curious, I'd like to know if the Ford Focus media player can handle mp2?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm just thinking of dvd/dvb/digital radio audio that could be recorded to be played back in the car, those are mostly mp2 audio, although some are aac, but transcoding from aac is often less lossy than transcoding from mp2.

defy-one

Just thinking out loud here ..... Wouldn't mp3 give you more bits/sec bit rate and therefore better quality bearing in mind you are having to convert anyway :-)

Top Bottom