used CO2 bottles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I see them all over the place in Rusholme, behind the shops and restaurants. The cylinders are smaller than CO2 cylinders used by cyclists and a more silvery colour and seem to be quite thin metal as they crush easily under car tyres. So yes I reckon it's N2O or dinitrogen monoxide. Where do they buy them in such numbers?

Edit: Google found this. They are called whippits and are sold for whipped cream dispensers: http://justsayn2o.com/nitrous.obtain.html

To open the cylinder you need a cracker, see also Ebay.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Unscrupulous corner shop sellers flog them in bulk to Johnny Gashead and his chums. Because of the controls on psychoactive substances the Government have inadvertently created an underground economy where such items sold in bulk to youff sells at a premium, so it's a nice under the counter earner.

Alan O

Über Member
I see plenty round the Scouse Riviera here. But as others say, they're always the more fragile silvery ones that are smaller than my CO2 cylinders.

Siclo

Veteran
I see them all over the place in Rusholme, behind the shops and restaurants.

Have a ride down Moss Lane East where they've been patching the road by the brewery, fresh laid tarmac and the hot weather mean the damn things are embedded in the road surface, brings a new meaning to the term metalled road

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I rode around part of the Dragon Sportive route the morning after the ride.

It was a pig stye of banana skins inner tubes gel wrappers and gas cannisters which of course were left by gas sniffing youths not saintly cyclists.

Drago

Legendary Member
Perhaps gas sniffing youff also ride bikes?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I would think nitrogen, being a larger atom than oxygen, would hold pressure better and leak less in a tire.
None of that drug usage really evident over here, I guess too much opiate use going on.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Don't get many of them here - probably because most of the idiots around here can't spell N2O

They are probably all wasting their time on NO2

Top Bottom