used CO2 bottles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Loads littering my road, and occasionally my property. I'm the only serious cyclist, and it's not me. As others have said, NO2 canisters. I've seen the kids in my street getting high off of them

steverob

Guru
I would think nitrogen, being a larger atom than oxygen, would hold pressure better and leak less in a tire.
I can't find the original source now unfortunately, but I remember reading that the Santander Cycles in London (aka Boris Bikes) have their tyres filled with a mix of gas that has a higher percentage of nitrogen than normal air so that they don't go flat as quickly.

C R

Guru
I can't find the original source now unfortunately, but I remember reading that the Santander Cycles in London (aka Boris Bikes) have their tyres filled with a mix of gas that has a higher percentage of nitrogen than normal air so that they don't go flat as quickly.
At some point the car tyre shops were selling a nitrogen fill service for this very reason, at a hefty premium, of course.

Alan O

Über Member
Regular dry air is about 78% nitrogen anyway, so I can't see it making any appreciable difference.

Reactions: C R

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Regular dry air is about 78% nitrogen anyway, so I can't see it making any appreciable difference.

Of course it won't. but if you can convince some muppet to pay a large premium for bugger all improvement in product performance the thing that will show an appreciable difference is the retailer's profit margin. Just like marketing of cycling-related stuff. Marginal gains = gains in margins!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Of course it won't. but if you can convince some muppet to pay a large premium for bugger all improvement in product performance the thing that will show an appreciable difference is the retailer's profit margin. Just like marketing of cycling-related stuff. Marginal gains = gains in margins!

I don't know if any of you saw BBC Watchdog last year, where QuickFit were charging people for this service, without them asking for it and, in most cases, didn't even have the gas to do so

C R

Guru
I don't know if any of you saw BBC Watchdog last year, where QuickFit were charging people for this service, without them asking for it and, in most cases, didn't even have the gas to do so
That must be the one I had in mind. A colleague at work had an argument with them about it when they tried to bs him about the benefits (he is a chemist) and then was very happy that watchdog agreed with him.

OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
well every day is a school day. after drago mentioned NO2 i began to wonder what is he on about but it was late and i went to bed. in half a minute on the interweb this morning and i find out that the little scamps are inhaling the stuff as a party drug. funny thing is i never see any dicarded balloons though.
so on this occastion i m will to accept that almost all of these little bottles are probably tossed from the tinted windows of badboy corsas and citreon saxos with go faster exhausts by giddy teenagers lauging themselves stupid high on NO2.

OneArmedBandit

You reuse the balloons. I don't know why but part of NO2 if you burn through loads of expensive NO2 cartridges but you reuse the balloon until it is knackered.

Unless you're going to a festival and then you buy them by the balloon.

I did loads of NO2 as a kid but now working in the NHS it's all about Ineox. That stuff is bloody great. (strictly in a medical sense of course)

Levo-Lon

Guru

Kwik fit are despicable shyte bags always have been, enter at your peril

Top Bottom