Using female logic ( for my advantage )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Well technically it's the money I saved getting a £450 telly instead of the £700 I was allowed to buy:thumbsup:

This hole your digging is getting a lot deeper ya know :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
even without the expense, a married man going through a Warhammer phase is very worrying... very very worrying.
A whole bunch of his mates played. Happily he grew out of it quite quickly.
I had that response when I had my boat or as the better half called it a hole in the water you throw money at :huh:
I loved my boat and found it quite economical. It was a 'plastic-fantastic' 35' Hampton. An ex hire boat and I loved her to bits. I suppose that living on her meant that little jobs got done as and when required plus I wasn't paying for her in addition to my mortgage (my house was rented out to tenents). I loved Peverell :wub:. I still have a hankering to live on a narrowboat but would have to sell some guitars and do some other radical downsizing again.

I am confused. If the handbag is £60 and when on sale it is £25, will I not have saved £35. Thats a clear £35 in the cookie jar. If am careful and disciplined and over a period of time, I would have made pretty substantial savings. Thats a tidy £350 if I did it 10 times.

I challenge anyone to discredit the logic and math behind this. Surely you must save for a rainy day.

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

Ah but then the £35 is spent on a pair of shoes that were £80 in the same sale equating to an overall loss so by not buying anything on offer you are saving money
( I'll get me coat )

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
You gotta call 'em as you see 'em, Turbo.

Anyroad, to use logic logic, I think the OP can reasonably claim to have used his wife's logic (taking his assertion at face value). To claim to have used "Female" logic, a category we must assume to encompass the reasoning methods of figures as diverse as Katie Price, Dame Sally Davies and Angela Merkel (for example) seems a bit of a reach.

Last edited:
Ah but then the £35 is spent on a pair of shoes that were £80 in the same sale equating to an overall loss so by not buying anything on offer you are saving money
( I'll get me coat )

You have to spend to achieve the savings and that is part most folks struggle to grasp. In my example £35 was a clear save.

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

But how many handbags for eg does a woman need it's like my mrs shoe collection how many is enough 25 pairs at last count but they were on sale :eek:

Top Bottom