Using female logic ( for my advantage )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Forgive my ignorance,but what exactly is "a warhammer phase"?
Some of us wife types are nice, understanding and don't pitch a fit every time our husbands spend money on cycling. I wasn't quite so understanding when Hubster went through a warhammer phase but still.

OP
OP
S

Squid lips

It's a table top role playing game a bit like dungeons and dragons you can spend a fortune on the models for it it's played in games workshop stores

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
You gotta call 'em as you see 'em, Turbo.

Anyroad, to use logic logic, I think the OP can reasonably claim to have used his wife's logic (taking his assertion at face value). To claim to have used "Female" logic, a category we must assume to encompass the reasoning methods of figures as diverse as Katie Price, Dame Sally Davies and Angela Merkel (for example) seems a bit of a reach.

That you have and in the grand scheme of things, I have to say I 100% agree...I laugh when people fall over in the street though...hard to fathom which is worse really but some things just tickle me like that.

women-logic-07.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am confused. If the handbag is £60 and when on sale it is £25, will I not have saved £35. Thats a clear £35 in the cookie jar. If am careful and disciplined and over a period of time, I would have made pretty substantial savings. Thats a tidy £350 if I did it 10 times.

I challenge anyone to discredit the logic and math behind this. Surely you must save for a rainy day.
Why would you need 10 handbags?

AndyRM

XOXO
It's a table top role playing game a bit like dungeons and dragons you can spend a fortune on the models for it it's played in games workshop stores

That's just for the losers who don't have their own setup at home. A mate of mine is into it and has built an unbelievable set in his shed. I'm actually a little jealous, but bikes are my vice these days.

In a former life, I was mad good at Magic: The Gathering (a card based form of nerdliness which can also be stupidly expensive) and used to give strategy classes at my local Games Workshop. The Warhammer kids used to call us nerds...

Apologies for the cool guy derailment, I'll away back to my mum's basement for some Doritos and Red Bull.

Saluki

That's just for the losers who don't have their own setup at home. A mate of mine is into it and has built an unbelievable set in his shed. I'm actually a little jealous, but bikes are my vice these days.

In a former life, I was mad good at Magic: The Gathering (a card based form of nerdliness which can also be stupidly expensive) and used to give strategy classes at my local Games Workshop. The Warhammer kids used to call us nerds...

Apologies for the cool guy derailment, I'll away back to my mum's basement for some Doritos and Red Bull.
I know a chap who was seriously addicted to Magic: The Gathering. He used to have his mates round and they would play for hours.
When he got married, his friends 'surprised' him on his honeymoon as they flew out 2 days later, to the same resort, for their 2 week holiday and this chap spent the rest of his honeymooon playing Magic: The Gathering with his pals. He knew that they were coming and had helped to arrange it. He thought that Lynne wouldn't really mind.
I'm not altogether sure why but, within 6 months of marriage, his new wife left him and filed for divorce.
The chap in question here was 40+ years old so not a kid.

Sandra6

Veteran
Why would you need 10 handbags?
To keep all the money you've saved in?!
Seriously though, do people really pay that much attention to what their other half is spending?

Crankarm

Guru
Having acquired a virtually brand new tiagra group set for the princely sum of £110 from a friend of a friend
I needed to upgrade my wheels and pedals on my merlin pr7 ,so having scouted around got a set of shimano 324 pedals for £23.30 at Evans 48% off and some new askium rims at A cycles for a £ 125 .89 £20 off rrp .
And to forestall any argument from the better half I used the immortal female line " look how much money I've saved by getting them in the sale " :thumbsup:. Which has been used on me to justify new shoes , handbags , furniture , carpets etc , so no come back as yet .
( puts on tin hat and flak jacket and waits for the female response :biggrin: )

But you didn't get the group set in the sales, but from a friend of a friend instead and the tiagra group set is actually 2nd hand, not new, but "virtually brand new " so no warranty.

Saluki

To keep all the money you've saved in?!
Seriously though, do people really pay that much attention to what their other half is spending?
When my OH was earning, I wasn't fussed at all on what he spent on his hobbies. Now I am the only earner I think that I might be a bit miffed if he went and spent money on an X-box or something. Not bothered at all if he went and got a week's food shopping in while I was at work. I'd be quite pleased.

I do have friends that watch their husband's spending like hawks but think nothing of spending a bundle of make up or handbags. Not good.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Not enough people do IMO. Lots of shocked faces at financial reviews. Very awkward. Hilarious, but awkward.

In a previous life I worked in the contact centre of a bank. dealing with transaction disputes on joint accounts was brill.

My advice - pay in cash if you want to conceal your spending

Top Bottom