Utility supplier gone bust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I think AVRO would have been better off continuing to make Vulcan Bombers than moving to the energy market...

I was affected by this a while ago when Green Network Energy went under
We were transferred to EDF.
Problem was that it took AGES.
Good thing was that EDF kept us on the same tariff - it was actually lower than any normal EDF tariff and only available to old GNE customers
I now have to change and EDF have offered something else which is better than anything the comparison site could find

Main problem is that it all took well over 6 months beforeI was officially part of EDF and could log onto my account on their website. Hence didn;t really know what tariff was in detail - and had no way of submitting metre reading so EDF must have been using 'The Force' to work out how much to charge me.

So it has worked out OK - but all the advise says NOT to transfer somewhere else until you are fully over to the new company - hence you are stuck on whatever you are put onto

This is just my experience - putting it here so others can see how it went in case that is useful

(and to moan a bit as well!!!)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in the process of moving from Igloo who've been named as in trouble. Moving tomorrow officially.

We've a big balance in there as they pay 5% interest on balances. Should they go under that'll take some getting back.

I would prefer to be with Bulb or Octopus due to the greener energy stuff - but given the current chaos I'm staying put
I would rather be with EDF which are at least carbon zero (with nuclear) and have the resources to stay in the game
rather than go with a smaller company only to get dumped into a more expensive non-green tariff ina few months - potentially

When this tariff expires I will look for something greener again - hopefully this mess with be sorted by then
(hopefully that is not too politcal - like some thread I have just set to ignore - honestly - some people!!!)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I do wish some of the media wouldn't go 'don't worry you won't get cut off' - it's not like you get special Bulb gas or electricity, it's the same stuff all your neighbours get, you just pay someone else whose 'bought' a certain amount of KWh to sell on. Needs nationalising again (I used to work in the industry). The privatisation was a 'joke' then even worse when 100 different suppliers could sell you your power.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Living in Dorset and being an Avro customer I’m hoping Électricité de France ( EDF ) can run a cable direct from Cap de la Hague and cut out the middle man. 😉

Top Bottom