Utility supplier gone bust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wouldn’t this money be a credit on your account? I am assuming you didn’t owe it to them? We are told that money in credit on our energy accounts is protected in the event of the supplier going bust. So referring to this as stolen could be a bit harsh. I am hoping I’m correct as I have money in credit with Igloo Energy who went bust just yesterday!

PS. We got our revenge on Tuesday just gone. Your boys took one hell of a beating! :okay:
I don't know how or why it happened, but the amount was debited from my account. I happened to look at my bank balance on the cash withdrawal machine and saw that a fair amount had gone out in the last few days. I don't/can't do online banking and even if i could i prefer face to face. After seeing that money had been taken i drove to the nearest bank 4 miles away to get a mini statement which shows your last umpteen transactions, either money in or money out. On seeing the £193.59 debit had been taken by PDF Energy i went into the bank to ask what could be done. The cashier behind the counter wasn't very helpful, suggesting that somehow it was my fault for forgetting to close my account with PDF. Anyway, another member of staff was very helpful and clicked a few buttons on her laptop then told me the amount would be put back into my account the following day, saying that if PDF did give me the money back i'd have to give the bank the same amount back. A month or so earlier i received roughly £350 back from PDF for nearly 4 years of estimated bills, after i swapped suppliers. Maybe they thought they'd have some of that back.🤔

As for Accringron Stanley, we were crap according to reports. Our manager said that 'we have to defend better'. Talk about stating the obvious!:rolleyes:

Mike_P

Guru
just found out I’m off to Shell Energy. ... Had an email from Shell, all warm and cuddly but no mention of tariffs.
I'm with them, a bit thick as pig sh*t, they are insisting the smart meters they put in are too far apart to communicate with each other.

Mike_P

Guru
The gas meter is supposed to relay it's data to the electric one which then relays all data to the indoor display and the supplier. No readings are appearing for the gas but they insist it is not a meter fault.

icowden

Veteran
The gas meter is supposed to relay it's data to the electric one which then relays all data to the indoor display and the supplier. No readings are appearing for the gas but they insist it is not a meter fault.

Oh. I had that for about 6 months. It was an issue with the numpties that install the things. They needed to sent out a new commissioning signal so that I could recommission the gas meter.

Was with Avro and therefore watching this thread with some interest
Yesterday received email from Octopus (what marketing whiz comes up with these names?!) detailing new tariff:

E: 24.03p standing charge, 21.37p/kWh
G: 26.11p " " , 4.01p/kWh

Does this tally with other folk here?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yesterday received email from Octopus (what marketing whiz comes up with these names?!) detailing new tariff:

That's slightly more than my Scottish power variable who I've been with a while (fixed ended Sept).

E 23.22 standing, 19.18 p/KWH (increased 2p KWH since 30 September)
G 24.87 standing, 3.850 p/KWH (increased 0.7p KWH since 30 september)

dodgy

We don't have gas, but for eletricity pay 5p p/KWH between 00:30 and 04:30 and 16.7 p/KWH outside of those times with a 25p per day standing charge, this is with Octopus.
Just for reference. (oh and to add, we're not energy refugees, been with them for a little while now)

Last edited:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord

I also transferred from Avro to Octopus, but the tariffs indicated in the email I received yesterday are slightly different.
  • A standing charge of 24.11p per day and 20.49p/kWh for your electricity.
  • A standing charge of 26.11p per day and 4.13p/kWh for your gas.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I also transferred from Avro to Octopus, but the tariffs indicated in the email I received yesterday are slightly different.

Same here.

You will note, of course, that it's a variable tariff and so not likely to stay at that level for long.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I’ve been transferred from AVRO and those are the same figures that I’ve been quoted. I noticed that Avro took the usual direct debit amount last week. I’m several hundred in credit and the suggested direct debit amount from Octopus is 50% higher than what I’ve been paying Avro.

OP
OP
Venod

Venod

Eh up
Why all the different figures, I have been transferred from Avro to Octopus and my figures are,
  • A standing charge of 26.82p per day and 19.89p/kWh for your electricity.
  • A standing charge of 26.11p per day and 3.94p/kWh for your gas.

FACFE2F6-ED62-49EB-9A93-3A0681FE7878.png

I’ve just had a renewal and taken a 12 month fixed with Octopus (with whom I’ve had no issues over the last 12 months) increasing my monthly payment by almost double.
I’m happy with this at this stage, and will see how my account goes through the winter.
I have a balance in credit of £150 currently, so I’m not too bothered, although we have reduced or gas use for heating a little this last month.

Top Bottom