Van projects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Try Concept Vista. Its about £13, but a bottle lasts an age. It revives trim beautifully, and doesnt wash off or go streaky like silicone based trim blackers. Apply twice a year using an olde washing up spinge and youre sorted. It'll take years off the appearance.
Turned up yesterday. You need very little. Allowed to dry, and it rained overnight, but no streaks. Not glossy like some others, more of a satin. Would work well on the van bumpers.

I've just ordered some - ta :okay::laugh:

All my bulbs have arrived today so might have time for some van fettling over the weekend 😊

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've just ordered some - ta :okay::laugh:

All my bulbs have arrived today so might have time for some van fettling over the weekend 😊

View attachment 618289
You havent got time to mess with that van….what about my kitchen, hall, toilet, driveway, garage, fence, steps……lol

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I fitted the headlights this evening and swapped all the new bulbs in. I also replaced the other rear light lens so everything matches again now 😄

I still need to polish the lenses and I'll need to whip the drivers side out again at some point as I discovered 2 of the 3 bolts holding the original in were sheared off :whistle: I decided a cold dark night wasn't the best time to try extracting the rusty remains so I have wedged it in and put the remaining bolt back in for now. This was meant to be an easy job :wacko::laugh:

On the plus side the new headlight bulbs seem significantly better 😊

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And he needs some of that trim restorer/shine stuff Drago mentioned. I got some and its way better than anything else Ive tried before. Doesn't wash off and restores faded trim.
I thought he bought some in the end………

DRM

Guru
And he needs some of that trim restorer/shine stuff Drago mentioned. I got some and its way better than anything else Ive tried before. Doesn't wash off and restores faded trim.
Can you recall the brand, I could do with some of that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can you recall the brand, I could do with some of that.

Just at the top of the page..

VISTA CONCEPT - EXTERIOR PLASTIC CONDITIONER - 500ml​

It's very 'liquid' so apply with a small microfibre cloth and save that for the application. Just rub on and leave. It doesn't streak in the rain and stays on.

DRM

Guru
Just at the top of the page..

VISTA CONCEPT - EXTERIOR PLASTIC CONDITIONER - 500ml​

It's very 'liquid' so apply with a small microfibre cloth and save that for the application. Just rub on and leave. It doesn't streak in the rain and stays on.
Cheers, everything else I’ve tried just washes off :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cheers, everything else I’ve tried just washes off :okay:
Oh it doesn't wash off. It's a funny stuff, it's sort of sticky as it dries, then sets. It does stick onto paintwork - you can see where you've missed the plastic and got the paint - you'd probably need some polish to remove it off paint or WD40 on a cloth - does no damage, just 'sticks' to it.

Top Bottom