Van projects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I fitted a little outside floodlight bar to the side this afternoon. It's above the sliding door and below the awning so should come in rather handy. I tapped in to the 12V feed I'd run through for the interior lights, job's a goodun :smile:

I used sikaflex to seal the 2 screw holes and the hole for the wires so hopefully there'll be no leaks. The wiring and switch position will be sorted when I do the interior, I've just taped the switch up next to the interior light dimmer for now.

I've been leaving the fridge in the back as it comes in handy sometimes but its been sliding around so I also made a quick bracket to hold it in place. Seems to fit snugly, I'll find out if it works tomorrow when I take the van to a local gravel/xc sportive I'm taking part in :okay: Unless the weather is biblical of course :laugh:

I had wanted to sort the window tint today but its windy and rainy, not the ideal conditions for that job :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
And in the dark...

I think my camera has made it look slightly brighter than it really is, but it's still pretty impressive and will be jolly useful :okay:😊

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I fitted a little outside floodlight bar to the side this afternoon. It's above the sliding door and below the awning so should come in rather handy. I tapped in to the 12V feed I'd run through for the interior lights, job's a goodun :smile:

View attachment 631752

View attachment 631753
View attachment 631755

I used sikaflex to seal the 2 screw holes and the hole for the wires so hopefully there'll be no leaks. The wiring and switch position will be sorted when I do the interior, I've just taped the switch up next to the interior light dimmer for now.

I've been leaving the fridge in the back as it comes in handy sometimes but its been sliding around so I also made a quick bracket to hold it in place. Seems to fit snugly, I'll find out if it works tomorrow when I take the van to a local gravel/xc sportive I'm taking part in :okay: Unless the weather is biblical of course :laugh:

View attachment 631754

I had wanted to sort the window tint today but its windy and rainy, not the ideal conditions for that job :laugh:
are you going to carpet/soundproof the walls or are you keeping them timber??

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've had some fun playing in the van this afternoon 😊 Decided it was about time I replaced the damaged tint on the sliding door and tinted the rears...

20220716_183432.jpg

20220716_143929.jpg

Next job fit the rear view mirror...

20220716_184616.jpg

And then start insulating! I've only done one rear door so far, it's pretty time consuming :laugh:

20220716_190350.jpg

In the pic above you can see a nice empty space above the nearside wheel arch - I've had an idea ;) I'm in the process of sourcing a scrapped Bosch Fontus portable low pressure washer. Plan is to scavenge the pump and electronics, hose and accessories from it and fit them in the space before I insulate that area. I've bought a 24 litre water tank shaped to fit over a wheel arch so that will then go in front of the space and I'll box around it all, essentially creating a little shelf under the TV. Instead of a Bosch 18V battery I've got a 12v-18V stepup converter that I'll wire to the leisure battery so I'll be able to fill the tank then use the hose/accessories for bike washing or even as a cold shower 😊 Anyway, thats the plan... If I get a bit more time this evening I'll nip out and do some more insulating :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Too hot for diy john…..have a few days off lol

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I do have a trench to dig for the drains :whistle: No, that can wait :laugh:

I insulated the first bit of roof this morning before I decided it was getting a bit too warm, I was dripping :laugh: Must have been 50 degrees in the van even with the windows and doors open :laugh:

20220717_122642.jpg

I have started cutting a piece of ply to size to board across the roof but will continue that another day :laugh:

Top Bottom