Van trying to swerve into a cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not my video, Gaz pointed it out to me a bit ago...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94vzorR8fFM

The slap imo is just out of annoyance, I reckon I could have slowed down enough, maybe just shouted a bit... though I still don't reckon that excuses the van driver to basically encourage the cyclist to come up the inside to swerve into them...

And obviously, not paying road tax is the excuse to put someone in danger...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I can see the van driver is probably going to pull out, so i would have slowed down and just let him go. But on having a helmet camera and knowing that you are often looking and concentrating on something else and you don't expect people to pull out in situations like this.

The driver is blatantly trying to get the cyclist to undertake him, so that he can swerve into his path, and it happens. i wouldn't have gone anywhere near the inside of that vehicle after he swerved from the cyclists slap. Sometimes you can reason with people, this driver is not one of them and best to avoid at all costs!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Amazing, just because he shouted "go on then" !
The girl was no better throwing a bottle at him. The police should be able to charge both of them with something.

shippers

She's assaulted him by throwing the can. He's obviously got dangerous driving, possibly some sort of attempted assault thingy too. Nasty arse.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

It was the driver that threw the bottle!!

Download the HD copy, and step through it

Right hand holding bottle + wheel
Left hand on gear stick

He then throws the bottle...!!

Number14

Veteran
The girl didn't throw the bottle it was the driver. I did slow down significantly from 30kph + and was braking when I encouraged him to "get a move on" to about 10-15kph and later, as he was almost in the opposite lane, I couldn't overtake him but was very cautious of going past. The slap was to fend him off and let him know I was still there. ;)

Reported to HM constabulary.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Number14 said:
The girl didn't throw the bottle it was the driver. I did slow down significantly from 30kph + and was breaking when I encouraged him to "get a move on" to about 10-15kph and later, as he was almost in the opposite lane, I couldn't overtake him but was very cautious of going past. The slap was to fend him off and let him know I was still there. ;)

Reported to HM constabulary.

Best of luck getting anywhere with it. this is truly disgusting behaviour from the driver.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

You couldn't overtake him at that point anyway because of the zigzag lines/traffic lights.

It's definitely worth a try, specially considering he was holding the wheel with half a hand and threw something at you... the Police are probably going to moan about you "antagonising" the driver initially.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

ianrauk said:
What do you mean 'Trying'...? He bloody well was..

I meant trying as trying to get the cyclist to come up the inside so he can do it... which makes it is premeditated.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Mate, you've got to press for assault charges on that one. I'm not an expert, but there are a few coppers on here who could let you know.

Top Bottom