Van trying to swerve into a cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
drsquirrel said:
You couldn't overtake him at that point anyway because of the zigzag lines/traffic lights.

It's definitely worth a try, specially considering he was holding the wheel with half a hand and threw something at you... the Police are probably going to moan about you "antagonising" the driver initially.

Only if you show it!

Do you have a "snap and send" for the local paper?

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

Cunobelin said:
Only if you show it!

Do you have a "snap and send" for the local paper?

You mean only show the second half of the video to the Police? I think they would be asking you about the segment before, and will be suspicious if you made excuses why you couldn't...

BentMikey said:
Mate, you've got to press for assault charges on that one. I'm not an expert, but there are a few coppers on here who could let you know.

+1

THat goes beyond dangerous or inattentive driving in so many ways

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Incredible :biggrin:

I'm not sure that the slap on the side of the van helped at all no matter what the intention was. Will be interesting to see if you can get anywhere with this, its shocking behavior from er Silver Van Man

AndyCarolan said:
Incredible :biggrin:

I'm not sure that the slap on the side of the van helped at all no matter what the intention was. Will be interesting to see if you can get anywhere with this, its shocking behavior from er Silver Van Man

What slap?

Fending yourself off from the side of the van when it pulled into your path surely?

thomas

the tank engine
hackbike 666 said:
As soon as you whack their van car or whatever you are asking for trouble.IMHO

+1. All but one time of hitting someone's vehicle I have regretted it. I've only done it a few times, 2 of those times I stopped and just let them pass, the other I managed to cycle down a little cycle only bit and lost them and the final time was fine as the guy stopped and was a bit annoyed but not particularly threatening.

The driver in the video was a plank and being really, really stupid. However, I don't think the hitting was completely justified. It seemed to be more out of annoyance than any thing else. Not saying that's completely wrong, but never advisable.

thomas said:
+1. All but one time of hitting someone's vehicle I have regretted it. I've only done it a few times, 2 of those times I stopped and just let them pass, the other I managed to cycle down a little cycle only bit and lost them and the final time was fine as the guy stopped and was a bit annoyed but not particularly threatening.

The driver in the video was a plank and being really, really stupid. However, I don't think the hitting was completely justified. It seemed to be more out of annoyance than any thing else. Not saying that's completely wrong, but never advisable.

Amazing fact is I have never done it.:biggrin:

If it's bad usually it's a blast of the horn but before that it used to be the odd expletive which could also set them off as well.

Top Bottom