Vauxhall Mokka Petrol........anyone drive one??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No interest. It works fine without. But thanks
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

fossyant

[QUOTE 4653986, member: 259"]How much do they charge for updates, or do they do it for free for 7 years like Kia? I was amazed at how many of the grasping sods charge for updates.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, but you are best not getting suckered into it. Nissan was massively expensive for me, but I got a disk of ebay for £12 that worked with my 2002 car. It updated to 2012 so I was chuffed. Not much changed in 10 years, other than the M6 Toll. Mapping's always out of date. So you use it to get to just about where you need to be

potsy

Rambler
[QUOTE 4653986, member: 259"]How much do they charge for updates, or do they do it for free for 7 years like Kia? I was amazed at how many of the grasping sods charge for updates.[/QUOTE]
Mine comes on an SD card so you can update it yourself from their website.

fossyant

Horrible, cramped, uncomfortable vehicles - and the Juke is even worse.

Ours isn't. Unless you are a giant. Loads of room. 4 adults (kids are teens) cat, and a whole load of stuff for our caravan ? Bikes go on my old Nissan Primera P12 - it's longer, but room is similar - I've had it since 10 months old in 2003. My P12 is softer suspension but it takes a right hammer on Manchester roads, the Qashqai is better at the state of the roads. They are cross overs, so a bit harsher !

fossyant

Horrible, cramped, uncomfortable vehicles - and the Juke is even worse.

One of the things I say to people, is it's actually smaller than my car. A colleague dropped me a home after a Christmas Doo, and she said "I didn't know you had a 4x4". I said it isn't. It's smaller than my car. People think wrongly. It's slightly higher, but shorter. It's easier to park than my 'typical' family saloon car. Mine is actually longer, but less practical as it's a saloon, not a hatch.

My missus had a Yaris from when they came out in 1999 before we changed. The only thing she noticed is that Landrover drivers now don't try intimidate her. The Quasi is lots smaller than the big cars.

fossyant

Greats vehicles. :okay:

. Not a pretty car but it does everything. Hence going for a similar sized Nissan.

My old P12 has been great. A colleague said, well at least they won't knick your car if it's in the way of your wife's. His much newer Mundano died at 100k, then he's had loads of work done on his new Astra that my ancient car hasn't ???

Last edited:

mustang1

Guru
Ours isn't. Unless you are a giant. Loads of room. 4 adults (kids are teens) cat, and a whole load of stuff for our caravan ? Bikes go on my old Nissan Primera P12 - it's longer, but room is similar - I've had it since 10 months old in 2003. My P12 is softer suspension but it takes a right hammer on Manchester roads, the Qashqai is better at the state of the roads. They are cross overs, so a bit harsher !
I heard qashqai are very smooth over speed bumps because they do something with the brakes/accelerator before/during/after the speed bump. Is that true?

mustang1

Guru
My car has that rubbish tip smell associated with kids treating it like one .
Some years ago whenever I used to get into the car, I noticed the weirdest odour. A few days later and it was a really strong stink. I washed the car, hoovered it, perfumed it, scrubbed the seats. Wth is that friggin smell?

It was getting stronger, I mean this was really really bad. It was so bad that I was thinking of just part exchanging it for something else until I happened across....

I rotting lamb chop. It was in the trunk. Problem solved.

keithmac

Guru
Many many years ago at work they put a lump of meat in the air blower box of a blokes car, apparently took him weeks to find it..

Out of the orignal choice I would go with the Focus every time, especially with Vauxhall's tendency to self combust at any given opportunity. My friend has a Zafaria B and their attitude to recalls is lax to say the least..

We recently bought a Mk2 Kuga AWD 2l diesel and it's an excellent car to drive and lovely place to sit. Great tow car as well (main reason we bought it).

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
They don't .... it's cheaper to buy another one :-)

Top Bottom