Vegan Ultra processed food... again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Came across a recipe for Vegan Cheesecake today
Ingredients include...

Flora Vegan whipping cream
Ingredients:

Lentil Protein Preparation (water, 1.1% Lentil Protein), Palm Fat, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Emulsifiers (sunflower Lecithin, Sugar Esters Of Fatty Acids, Mono-and Diglycerides Of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum), Natural Flavours, Salt, Colourant (beta-carotene).

Violife Cream cheese
Water, Coconut Oil (23%), Starch, Sea Salt, Acidity Regulator: Glucono-Delta-Lactone, Flavourings, Olive Extract, Vitamin B12.

errrm... no thanks!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sounds healthy......xx(

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Came across a recipe for Vegan Cheesecake today
Ingredients include...

Flora Vegan whipping cream
Ingredients:

Lentil Protein Preparation (water, 1.1% Lentil Protein), Palm Fat, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Emulsifiers (sunflower Lecithin, Sugar Esters Of Fatty Acids, Mono-and Diglycerides Of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum), Natural Flavours, Salt, Colourant (beta-carotene).

Violife Cream cheese
Water, Coconut Oil (23%), Starch, Sea Salt, Acidity Regulator: Glucono-Delta-Lactone, Flavourings, Olive Extract, Vitamin B12.

errrm... no thanks!
There are various vegan cheese recipes on line, mainly from cashew nuts.
I can't comment on the taste as I have never tried to make vegan cheese, but it doesn't seem overly taxing.
To make vegan cream, whip up a tin of coconut milk, add icing sugar to taste.
You can also make vegan cream out of the chick peas water from a tin.
There is an added ingredient that I can't remember, maybe cream of tartar?
Easy enough to Google.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, because there's nothing massively processed in an omni diet...

A vegan diet being somehow difficult to manage, expensive or unhealthy is a total myth.

Check out the Thug Kitchen recipe book for some proper advice.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Yeah, because there's nothing massively processed in an omni diet...

A vegan diet being somehow difficult to manage, expensive or unhealthy is a total myth.

Check out the Thug Kitchen recipe book for some proper advice.

A significant proportion of our meals qualify as Vegan.
Dahl, Roasted Cauli and chickpeas, tahini/siracha sauce let down with coconut milk are staples. But nothing in our diet is multiprocessed... apart from HBB and TommyK.

My OP was prompted by a recipe on Great British Chefs, such multi processed confections seem to me the very antithesis of Vegan principles - be they based on health or environmental principles.

AndyRM

XOXO
Dahl, Roasted Cauli and chickpeas, tahini/siracha sauce let down with coconut milk are staples. But nothing in our diet is multiprocessed... apart from HBB and TommyK.

My OP was prompted by a recipe on Great British Chefs, such multi processed confections seem to me the very antithesis of Vegan principles - be they based on health or environmental principles.

I have no idea who or what HBB or TommyK are.

I do know about Great British Chefs. Avoid.

R_nger

Guru

Have you considered the possibility that Vegans might choose their diet to avoid animal products ? Health and environment are not criteria exclusive to vegans. And vegan can be as unhealthy as any other diet.

This has been happening for some time, and is noticable as companies like Cargills have jumped on the vegan bandwagon, which means that it is here to stay

Top Bottom