Vegetarian diet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I pick the brains of those that are bound to be more experienced and knowledgeable than me on these things?

Having spent an extended period eating junk and not exercising enough, a routine blood test showed nothing worrying, but suggested that I should do more and eat better, which is never a bad thing in my eyes.

As a consequence, I have been exercising more (but still not enough) and switched to a mainly vegan diet, with the addition of some oily fish about once a week, which is recommended for something else.

After a couple of months, I was retested, and it showed pretty much the same, apart from my triglycerides levels had raised slightly. Could that be a consequence of the existing belly fat being broken down and being circulated around the blood stream due to the lifestyle changes, or is it more likely to be something else?

I'm actually comfortable with the change in diet and will continue, and I plan to up the exercise. I'm due to speak to the Dr very soon about it, but thought it could be interesting if others have experience and/or opinions.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I am a life long veggie, I have never had to supplement my diet, no vitamins etc. I have always been slim and no structured exercise at all. I walk and ride everywhere and at 58 have more energy than many half my age judging by their moans. What I I eat I eat a lot of it. Don't eat fish either.

mustang1

Guru
I recently learned that if you're blood type O then you're more suitable to eating meat, especially O-negative. This is not from extensive research on my part but I did eventually end of at an article published at harvard.edu.

tom1209

I would always recommend Huel for when transitioning to vegetarianism / veganism - such a reassurance that you’re getting protein and nutrition (and to be had on top of meals rather than replacement!)

Top Bottom