Vegetarians please look away to avoid offence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Rhythm Thief said:
But no one even attempted to "howl you down". :tongue:
trustysteed said:
then don't speak on the subject? :ohmy:
etc. etc.

TheDoctor said:
@ Mods
Might this thread be happier and more at home in Soapbox?
Yes indeed, as I said earlier. The thread title which Patrick chose to stick on top of this thread, that's what makes it provocative. Now, if he'd titled it something neutral like 'what I'm having for dinner tonight', it would have passed without comment... As it is, we're heading for Soapbox. :biggrin:

Pete said:
The thread title which Patrick chose to stick on top of this thread, that's what makes it provocative.

but the thread clearly tells vegetarians to look away so as not to take offence but they've ended up going in there anyway because they can't help themselves, the pasty, unhealthy, meat-dodging militants. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Charlotte_C+ :-) said:
Ditto Aperitif!, ive not eaten meat for 10 years now, plus feel alot more stronger & healthier from it to :biggrin:;)

Sorry to dissagree with you,but we all need animal protien,to get maximum strength,and repair our bodies from exertion,you wont be as strong as you could be;)

Pete

trustysteed said:
but the thread clearly tells vegetarians to look away so as not to take offence....
....somewhat bemused at that - so we are now to take instruction from others, as to which threads we are allowed to look at and which threads we aren't? Contrary to my assumption hitherto, that I could make my own mind up? Ho hum ... perhaps someone's on the wrong forum ... :rolleyes:

no, you are given the choice but the thread warns you it may cause offence so you've only yourself to blame if you choose to go in and get offended.

durrr!

just for that, i'm going to eat twice as much meat as normal now!

col said:
Sorry to dissagree with you,but we all need animal protien,to get maximum strength,and repair our bodies from exertion,you wont be as strong as you could be;)

Sigh... I'm happy to make the sacrifice col... too weak to type... - wind - exhausted.... too blowy....need more prot <clunk> ;)

Digestives all round;)

col

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
Sigh... I'm happy to make the sacrifice col... too weak to type... - wind - exhausted.... too blowy....need more prot <clunk> ;)

Digestives all round;)

Oh ok,they will do the trick nicely ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I'm a veggie (through choice), but it's everyone's choice to eat what they like.

Interestingly, my ex-girlfriend is a vet, and whilst training she had to work in an abbatoir overseeing the animals' welfare and making sure things were being done by the book.

She's never touched meat since....

col

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
I'm a veggie (through choice), but it's everyone's choice to eat what they like.

Interestingly, my ex-girlfriend is a vet, and whilst training she had to work in an abbatoir overseeing the animals' welfare and making sure things were being done by the book.

She's never touched meat since....

Thats interesting,because as an aprentice butcher,many moons ago,i used to make mince meat,and couldnt eat the stuff for years,unless it was a nice steak i had minced when bought.

Top Bottom