Vegetarians please look away to avoid offence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

mjones said:
You are not, I trust, equating vegetarianism with militant Islamism?
I was thinking of the fact that it was a pig.

TheDoctor said:
Yes...because you don't ever get any self righteous, moral high ground, 'meat is murder' rants from vegetarians do you?
Of course you do - and some of it is as tiresome to me as it is to you. I don't subscribe to that point of view - any more than you'll hear me ranting the 'ban-cars-all-motorists-are-maniacs' mantra. But at the same time, I get tired of being howled down every time I speak on the subject.

Johnny Thin

I regularly get lifts off my uncle who delights in eulogising in minute detail precisely what mate he's been eating, where he got it from, how it was killed etc ...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Pete said:

Of course you do - and some of it is as tiresome to me as it is to you. I don't subscribe to that point of view - any more than you'll hear me ranting the 'ban-cars-all-motorists-are-maniacs' mantra. But at the same time, I get tired of being howled down every time I speak on the subject.

Fair enough.;) I'll not howl you down then.

jonesy

Guru
Johnny Thin said:
I regularly get lifts off my uncle who delights in eulogising in minute detail precisely what mate he's been eating, where he got it from, how it was killed etc ...

;):ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Is he some kind of spider?

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Johnny Thin said:

We can speak frankly, I used to work in Brierley Hill, so know that that things could be a bit primitive out there, but even when I was there, we never got round to eating our mates. ;)

Pete said:

But no one even attempted to "howl you down". ;)

Milo

Guru
dom tyler i can assure you meat is worth spending money on i cant stand cheap beef or pork simply because of the taste not the ethics though that does play a part for me.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Johnny Thin said:

I've got a mate I'd love to eat, but she won't let me!;)

IGMC

col

Legendary Member
Iv been refered to as a vegatable a few times,and it doesnt bother me in the slightest eating meat?;)
And as we are meat and veggy eaters,it doesnt bother me at all,those who prefer veg,i do too sometimes:smile:
But you cant beat a sizzling bit of pork,and well salted crackling too:tongue:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
mickle - is English your native language? If yes then you should know that 'murder' is the unlawful killing of a human being; animals are not human beings! Humans are, by nature, omnivores. Yes, we can exist without eating animals as we can exist without eating vegetables. Now if you do not eat meat, YOU WILL also refrain from the following:- all dairy products, honey, eggs, fish roe, wool. silk, down pillows and any other by-product of animals. Also REFRAIN from eating rice - a lot of rice farmers use buffaloes and no-one has consulted the buffalo to see if it wants to work. DO NOT keep pets including dogs, cats, birds and rabbits - you are a friend of animals and not their jailer. DO NOT use pesticides, insecticides and any other chemical that may kill or injure insects. DO NOT cycle, not only will you come into contact with people who use leather saddles but you may squash a bug when you are cycling. DO NOT be hypocritical and pick and choose which animal products you use. FOR YOU, all animal products and by-products are forbidden and this includes horse manure on your roses!
For your information, I am an extremely active member of PETA.

there's a very good case for eating less meat, and there's an unanswerable case for not eating meat fed on fishmeal and barley. WE just have to get used to the idea that meat becomes the preserve of the wealthy.

mr_hippo said:
mickle - is English your native language? If yes then you should know that 'murder' is the unlawful killing of a human being; animals are not human beings! Humans are, by nature, omnivores. Yes, we can exist without eating animals as we can exist without eating vegetables. Now if you do not eat meat, YOU WILL also refrain from the following:- all dairy products, honey, eggs, fish roe, wool. silk, down pillows and any other by-product of animals. Also REFRAIN from eating rice - a lot of rice farmers use buffaloes and no-one has consulted the buffalo to see if it wants to work. DO NOT keep pets including dogs, cats, birds and rabbits - you are a friend of animals and not their jailer. DO NOT use pesticides, insecticides and any other chemical that may kill or injure insects. DO NOT cycle, not only will you come into contact with people who use leather saddles but you may squash a bug when you are cycling. DO NOT be hypocritical and pick and choose which animal products you use. FOR YOU, all animal products and by-products are forbidden and this includes horse manure on your roses!
For your information, I am an extremely active member of PETA.

Get off your horse and drink your milk mr hippo.

First of all, although I refrain from eating anything which lactates and all fowl things, my post was tongue in cheek as evidenced by the :evil:

I dont give a shoot about animals, I enjoy watching bull-fighting for example, I simply choose not to eat anything which I wouldn't kill myself. So I eat fish. I wear leather, squish bugs and kick dogs. You call me a hypocrite without any idea of who I am beyond what you read on this board and it's a familiar and typical meat-eater response.

If you honestly think that you can survive on a diet of meat alone you are an idiot.

PETA? Was it Pamela Anderson of PETA fame who suggested that anyone who eats meat and claims to be an environmentalist is a hypocrite?

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
mickle said:
You call me a hypocrite without any idea of who I am beyond what you read on this board and it's a familiar and typical meat-eater response.
Why are you getting so hot under the collar? Please point out where I called you a hypocrite - where did I say 'Mickle is a hypocrite.' or anything similar?
You seem to be very thin-skinned. Look at the quote above, do you see anything amiss? OK, I do not know you and you seem to think that I have called you a hypocrite but by the same token you do not know me and yet you chose to say that my post was the response of a 'typical meat-eater'. Am I a 'typical meat-eater'?
mickle said:
If you honestly think that you can survive on a diet of meat alone you are an idiot.
Now you call me 'an idiot' - did I say that we can survive on a meat only diet?
mickle said:
First of all, although I refrain from eating anything which lactates and all fowl things, my post was tongue in cheek as evidenced by the :evil:
So you think that by posting one :ohmy: that that cancels out your ':angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:'?
For your information, I am not on a high horse and in the interests of hygiene, I would suggest that you get yourself a long piece of pink ribbon so that you can hang your dummy around your neck. It won't fall on the floor next time you spit it!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom