Veggie bacon anyone ? Success or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I'm genuinely baffled by the idea of fake meats. There is such a wide range of vegetation/vegan food from most cuisines, why on earth eat Ultra Processed Chemical Confections?

Some weeks almost all our meals qualify as Vegan/Vegetarian, not for any other reason than that we like the dishes.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely baffled by the idea of fake meats. There is such a wide range of vegetation/vegan food from most cuisines, why on earth eat Ultra Processed chemical confections?

Some weeks almost all our meals qualify as Vegan/Vegetarian, not for any other reason than that we like the dishes.

^^^ this.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was vegan for many years and have tried many different varieties of fake bacon. None come close to replicating the texture or taste of bacon: trying to is pointless, unlike other meat substitutes which can get really close.

Aldi's meat free bacon is really good, both texture and flavour wise, lightly smoky and you can get it as crispy as you like. In fact their whole Plant Menu range is tasty, the kiev things are excellent.

I've no problem with meat substitutes, processed or otherwise. They're convenient, quick and take little preparation. I'd love to make all my meals from scratch but that really isn't a practical approach for, well, most people really.

Top Bottom