Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bongman said:
Seems that you havnt had the most luck regarding the Muvi clones.

My official Muvi Veho has never recorded for longer than 1hr 30 mins on one charge. 18mins sounds linke a dodgy battery. But your clone cost 1/5 of the price I paid for mine.

+1 you get what you pay for.

The actual muvi models are so cheap it's really not worth wasting your time. I can always get an hour and a half out of mine (unless, maybe it's freezing cold which may take a slight toll).

However, you should get more than 1hr and a half, but because the camera deletes files which haven't been saved properly (eg. if you turn the power off, before turning off vox/recording button), when the battery runs out at 1 hr 45min (or whatever) you loose that last 15 min as it saves automatically every 30 min.

Crankarm

Guru
cyberknight said:
When the description says it records for 2 hours on a full charge i was hoping to at least get to work(40 mins)

And some support from fellow CCers not piss taking from someone who according to his own posts will not ride on the road whereas some of us due to the recession making us sell our houses have no choice but to cycle commute.

Do I detect a lot of anger ........ chill ;). I am sorry if you are about to lose your house, but in your situation I would not be worrying about an £11 camera you got from HK.

All I am saying is that £11 for a knock off of the genuine Muvi that you bought from HK which is now not performing as you expect is hardly surprising .............

As for my decision not to cycle on the roads either you are totally insensitive or ignorant, or have a very short memory neither of which I know.

You are not the only one with financial or livelihood pressures. I too have great anxiety at the moment over my circs. However I took the view that purchasing a knock off Muvi would be a waste of money as in all likely when it went wrong there would be little or no recourse to obtaining a replacement/refund. So buying the genuine article for £50-60 (including sports pack) through Amazon was a better buy. If it turns out to be crap or malfunctions Amazon will provide a refund/replacement.

Good luck with getting yours to work.

g00se

Veteran
The clones autosave files just before the power goes, similarly, if the card is about to run out of space. With a 4GB card, I can get about an hour+ worth of video before it's full. Not sure if the clone battery is any worse (when it works properly) but the compression is not as good.

Crankarm

Guru
thomas said:
+1 you get what you pay for.

The actual muvi models are so cheap it's really not worth wasting your time. I can always get an hour and a half out of mine (unless, maybe it's freezing cold which may take a slight toll).

However, you should get more than 1hr and a half, but because the camera deletes files which haven't been saved properly (eg. if you turn the power off, before turning off vox/recording button), when the battery runs out at 1 hr 45min (or whatever) you loose that last 15 min as it saves automatically every 30 min.

Thanks Thomas. I have pretty much found the same thing. In the manual Veho say NOT to stop recording by switching the power off as footage just recorded will not be saved to the card, but instead to actually press the record button again (on top) to stop or as you say turn the VOX switch to off (on the side) to obtain a blue light signalling the camera is no longer recording then switch the power to off (on t'other side) and remove the card.

I have found that after about 40 mins the camera saves one file and starts another straight away so I have two files written to card when I thought there should only be one.

Norm

Crankarm said:
I have found that after about 40 mins the camera saves one file and starts another straight away so I have two files written to card when I thought there should only be one.
That should be 30 rather than 40 minutes, that's the maximum time that it will stay recording in one session.

Rather than a battery issue, CK, is your problem something as obvious as the VOX mode not hearing a noise for 2 minutes?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Norm said:
That should be 30 rather than 40 minutes, that's the maximum time that it will stay recording in one session.

Rather than a battery issue, CK, is your problem something as obvious as the VOX mode not hearing a noise for 2 minutes?

yeah, should be 30 min not 40m.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Using the usb port on the back of the pc i managed a 52 min recording last night.Looks like it was not getting enough juice via the other methods of recording so it is not in vox mode.
I am charging the camera atm and will do another test.

Yea sorry crank arm catching me at a bad time atm i am not allowed to vent my spleen at work or at home so you got in the firing line ..................

g00se

Veteran
Maybe the battery needs a bit of conditioning. Keep it in the USB for half a day, run it dry and do the same a few times.

Bman

Guru
g00se said:
Maybe the battery needs a bit of conditioning. Keep it in the USB for half a day, run it dry and do the same a few times.

+1

Also make sure its switched off when connected to the pc (charging).

I left mine on yesterday whist charging and it was very warm even after 24hrs or so... You only really need it switched on while accessing the data.

Downward

Guru
Got 40 mins from the clone - 1.89gb. Only got a 2gb card so had to transfer it to the computer at work and recharge it.

Not seen the footage yet. I attached it to the handlebars using the 2fish lokblock thing which seemed to work well. With a longer velcro strap it would fit on the helmet. Damn work computer isn't good enough to play it proper. Didn't record on the way home (The lights are just not visible in daylight) even though I pressed the button.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It is in the settings when you save your edited video in windows movie maker.

You can choose the size/speed of connection,probably best to stick with the default best as this 2xspeed saved at 512 kps connection speed is not the best .

Top Bottom