Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karan733

Does anyone know how to reduce the file size on the Md80 clones? I recorded my commute in today (33 mins) and it took up 2.65GBs! I only have a 4GB microSD it came with at the moment, but surely this cant be the cause of the problem?

Crankarm

Guru
karan733 said:
Does anyone know how to reduce the file size on the Md80 clones? I recorded my commute in today (33 mins) and it took up 2.65GBs! I only have a 4GB microSD it came with at the moment, but surely this cant be the cause of the problem?

Sorry no idea. I have a genuine Veho Muvi not a bootleg. Anyway about 2.5GB for just over 30 mins recording seems about right. The genuine real McCoy Muvi 003 gives about 40-45 mins recording on a 2GB card before it's full so hoping for at least 2.5 - 3hrs on an 8GB card or as long as the battery will last.

Once you've downloaded the file couldn't you resize it using Nero or some such similar software or compress it in a zip file? If there is nothing of note on it then delete it or if there is something you want to keep just edit the footage and then burn it to DVD or store it on a seperate hard disc such a portable drive?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Crankarm have you tried supporting the the camera, i use an elastic material that goes on the frame before the camera and then wraps around the camera to give me a steady shot.

g00se

Veteran
karan733 said:
I knew it! I dont have the hinged mount! I only have the clip for a coat or backpack or whatever, but no other mounts. I take it this is why I cant recreate what you've done? :laugh:

B****cks! Yes - mine came with various clips, cables and charger in the box. There's an accessory pack for the original Veho Muvi - maybe that'll be the best route?

karan733

g00se said:
B****cks! Yes - mine came with various clips, cables and charger in the box. There's an accessory pack for the original Veho Muvi - maybe that'll be the best route?

Well, ive managed to find a way to attach it without the hinged mount. Ill take pics tonight and upload them here, so if anyone else's comes without they might be able to recreate it. I used the same helmet mount from halfords, thanks for pointing that one out!

g00se

Veteran
karan733 said:
Well, ive managed to find a way to attach it without the hinged mount. Ill take pics tonight and upload them here, so if anyone else's comes without they might be able to recreate it. I used the same helmet mount from halfords, thanks for pointing that one out!

Cool - one thing I found with that mount from Halfords, don't pull the velco strap really tight if the 'weld' on the velco is close to the 'slot' part of the mount itself (the part where the velco strap passes through and back on itself). The velco strap is glue-welded together (the loop half and the hook half) and it started to separate after pulling it tight across the slot.

Crankarm

Guru
gaz said:
Crankarm have you tried supporting the the camera, i use an elastic material that goes on the frame before the camera and then wraps around the camera to give me a steady shot.

No, not tried that. Currently they are mounted front and rear of my helmet. Would like the rear facing one on my frame as when looking back the camera is momentarily filming the sky/tops of buildings. If the jerkiness is bad with the camera on my helmet it's going to be 100x worse on the bike frame. Could try several layers of old inner tube to cushion against any vibration I suppose, but not hopeful I'm afraid.

Crankarm

Guru
cyberknight said:
Give up !!

on charge for 3 hours and it managed 18 mins recording time ;)

cyberknight said:
Yes it is a clone, cost £11.86 from hong kong.
After a lot of mucking about they are sending a refund.I guess mine was the duff one, i have ordered another with better buttons from a uk ebayer who said the one they sell does at least 1 hour at a time to a max of 2 hours.

What do you expect :evil:?

Amazon are doing the real deal Muvi 003 for £49 at the moment.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When the description says it records for 2 hours on a full charge i was hoping to at least get to work(40 mins)

And some support from fellow CCers not piss taking from someone who according to his own posts will not ride on the road whereas some of us due to the recession making us sell our houses have no choice but to cycle commute.

Mark_Robson

cyberknight said:
When the description says it records for 2 hours on a full charge i was hoping to at least get to work(40 mins)
Are you using the mains or USB charger cyber? I'm clutching at straws here but it may make a difference. I know that there are concerns about using the mains charger but mine has been fine. One issue that I did have with my clone was that the cable was a bit hit and miss, ie, sometimes Windows wouldn't recognise it, so I used another cable that came with a phone and it was fine. Also I read somewhere that if you totally flatten the battery it renders it useless. I have ran mine flat and it just switches itself off so I'm not sure that there isn't built in protection.
You seem to be having really bad luck with these clones M8, I feel for you.

Bman

Guru
Seems that you havnt had the most luck regarding the Muvi clones.

My official Muvi Veho has never recorded for longer than 1hr 30 mins on one charge. 18mins sounds linke a dodgy battery. But your clone cost 1/5 of the price I paid for mine.

Top Bottom