Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

gaz said:
Did you get the Muvi? mine records maybe 2gb of data for an hour.
No gaz mine is the clone.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sending mine back , records an average of 20 mins on 1 charge using a 4gb or an 8 gb card,plenty of space left as it never gets above about 800 mb when on the odd occasion on my desk i got to 40 mins.

Armegatron

cyberknight said:
Sending mine back , records an average of 20 mins on 1 charge using a 4gb or an 8 gb card,plenty of space left as it never gets above about 800 mb when on the odd occasion on my desk i got to 40 mins.

Is that the Muvi Clone ?
Im in two minds about getting one as it seems the battery quality is hit and miss.

cyberknight

Yes it is a clone, cost £11.86 from hong kong.
After a lot of mucking about they are sending a refund.I guess mine was the duff one, i have ordered another with better buttons from a uk ebayer who said the one they sell does at least 1 hour at a time to a max of 2 hours.

PrettyboyTim

Where've you been Tim? I was only wondering where you'd gone at the weekend.

Well, for a while I found myself at yacf more than here, partly because if i decided to browse the forums at work while compiling it was less obvious from a distance that I was doing it... :tongue: However, back in September last year I moved down to Brighton/Hove and got a new job down here. I no longer use the internet at work and I have such a tiny little commute (1 mile each way) that I no longer seemed to have so much to say about cycling and kind of fell off the forums.

Just recently however with the improving of the weather, the passing of my probation at work (which makes me eligible for the cycle to work scheme) and the realization that the drop from 80 miles / week to 10 is beginning to become evident around my middle, my thoughts have turned to cycling again. Actually, this weekend has been great for cycling; on Friday I went for a ride up to Devil's Dyke which was lovely, and this morning I went for a ride along the coast to Shoreham.

Anyway, such little outings (which I hope to keep doing) have made me think I want a new bike. Don't get me wrong, my old £200 Claud Butler Urban 100 Hybrid has done me well, taking me to work reliably for two and a half years and covering 7500-odd miles (at a guess) but I do find myself thinking it might be nice to have something a little less clunky. I fancy a nice touring bike ;-)

karan733

Got mine the other day and picked up the halford helmet light mount as g00se suggested, but Im struggling to attach mine the same way he has? I have taken off the clothes-clip from the camera bracket, but I cant seem to attach the cam bracket to the helmet mount (from halfords)

Anyone else had this issue/know a workaround?

g00se

Veteran
Fix it the camera clip to the arm of the hinged mount. To get the arm, you'll need to remove the nut and bold holding it onto the base.

When you fix the clip to the arm, make sure the remaining part of the hinge barrel is facing away from the camera clip. That way, the barrel can 'sit' on top of the helmet-light-mounting face. Then you can put a cable tie through the barrel, and around the flanges of the mounting face.

cyberknight

Got a replacement today, lasted just over 1 hour on 1 stint.

Instructions are still dire but a little more readable, has anyone got a list of what each light means plz?

karan733

g00se said:
Fix it the camera clip to the arm of the hinged mount. To get the arm, you'll need to remove the nut and bold holding it onto the base.

When you fix the clip to the arm, make sure the remaining part of the hinge barrel is facing away from the camera clip. That way, the barrel can 'sit' on top of the helmet-light-mounting face. Then you can put a cable tie through the barrel, and around the flanges of the mounting face.

I knew it! I dont have the hinged mount! I only have the clip for a coat or backpack or whatever, but no other mounts. I take it this is why I cant recreate what you've done? ;)

Crankarm

Guru
I pur-chased x2 Veho Muvi VCC 003s a few days ago. Have been trying them out, one front, one rearward. The footage seems awfully jerky despite using x2 Samsung 8GB class 6 micro SDHC cards (The max capacity that the Muvis will support according to the Veho manual). They can record a lot more than the std cards Veho supplies (2GB), but the footage is still quite jerky similar to the smaller capacity 2GB card. The cameras are mounted on my cycle helmet so one would have thought that I would absorb pretty much most of any vibration plus I have a suspension seat post. I want to start riding again but won't ride without cameras just in case some ba$tard close passes me or tries to knock me off. Number plates are not as clear as I thought they would be, unless a vehicle is really close which is when motons are about to run you down anyway. However if this is the best the Veho-MUVis can do I am not impressed. So undecided whether to send them back (Amazon). I feel something is better than nothing but even £80 each, taking into account the extreme sports pack mountings (which is a rip off) and the higher capacity card, it is still a lot of money for not that great footage. The wind noise is really bad so one has to watch the footage on the computer with the sound really low or off. The trouble is the ContourHD cameras are sooooo much more expensive. But would they be any different? I think any headcam needs image stabilisation as standard, otherwise it's a waste of time and money IMHO. So maybe send the Muvis back, get a refund and continue using the car. It would certainly be cheaper (and safer).

Top Bottom