Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just a heads up if you have a problem it is a devils own job to get a refund , they offered me $3 hong kong. which is 25 p.

looking around to get another one if anyone can recommend a seller?

Mark_Robson

For the price they are worth a gamble though cyber. Still waiting for mine to arrive. :sigh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sure for around £10 they are well worth a go, i was just gutted that mine was a dodgy one and the seller a numpty, using paypal to dispute it now.

Amazon do a version for £23 which looks more solid i might have a go at one of those unless you cn link to yours?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got the metal one about 6 months ago via ebay for £25 - it's the AEE one - if you can, go for that. It's the one with switches on the side rather than buttons. The cheap plastic ones have taken over though.....

My AEE one has been great, and getting over an hour now it's warmer. AEE are the main manufacturer of them by the way..... do a search on the MD92...now that looks good....

g00se

Veteran
The AEE one is, apparently, the OEM version of the Veho Muvi. I just saw some MD80s going for about £15 from a UK seller too. The AEE is available in Maplins for £50.

marinbearvalley

Just a reminder (I mentioned this before) I bought the MD80 clone off ebay (UK seller). It came with a UK mains USB charger. This EXPLODED after a few seconds of use, destroying some electrics in the building! Could have been nasty. I have seen the insides of this device and half of it melted. It does not have a fuse. Be careful!

Bman

Guru
eeek! Good call!

I have the legitimate Muvi Veho, and mains usb power adapter. I've never plugged it in. I might it try at work first!

Crankarm

Guru
Amazon were doing the Veho Muvi VCC 003 cam for £49 this week. Don't know if this is a good price or if this is one of their better models, but they soon sold out as item no longer available.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
okay, update....waterproofing on the cheap!

Get some selotape and wrap it around all the holes (so basically around the edges...get the microphone, usb, on/off buttons, etc). No idea what it'd be like against heavy rain, but seems to work okay in light rain (better than risking it).

It did mean I couldn't get to the on off buttons, but hardly and issue when it's running.

Plax

Guru
Is this how everyone else mounts theirs? I used to do similar with my ATC2K but it was a bit heavy and the security guard at work kept commenting about it, so I thought it made me look a bit too much like an idiot. I'd like something a little bit more discreet and lightweight you can helmet mount as I found mounting on bars reduced the quality and what you can catch on camera.

cyberknight said:
had a go at mounting mine today , added a strap around the camera as it did not feel to secure and did not fit in when put in the extreme rubber sleeve.

photo0003k.jpg

and test vid

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BYEUxHF_A

Mark_Robson

cyberknight said:
Keep me updated i await your tests ..........
I charged it using the wall charger for a couple of hours and did a test vid in mixed light which I will up when I get time and then let it run to see how long the battery would last. It recorded 46 minutes on a 4 gig card and stopped when the card was full. I am going to recharge it and try again using the 8 gig card from my phone.
First impressions are good but it seems to be very memory hungry.

Top Bottom