Velo Birmingham Cancelled - NO REFUNDS!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe that they have lost quite a lot of money over it, with no refunds being an admission that it won't happen again.
Yup if they ran another - they would have at the very least give a reduced fee to 2020 entrants - meaning it would probably run at a loss or close to it.

Cycling funds imo in the next few years imo will go on infrastructure projects , canal paths etc .

Velo Wales, and Velo North got binned as they weren't financially viable(pre covid). I think closed road sportives with a couple of exceptions are pretty much dead ....at least in the short term.

I did my chargeback months ago, I got a refund from the bank. I then got a letter disputing it a few months later threatening to take the money back, so I quoted various legislation at the bank and heard no more and kept the refund.

@kingrollo I think you only have 120 days to start a chargeback, so I think you are far too late.

In for a penny - got my chargeback !!!!

Drago

Legendary Member
I believe that they have lost quite a lot of money over it, with no refunds being an admission that it won't happen again.
Indeed. Virtually all of their staff on the day are umpaid volunteers who do it for the love of cycling, so their overheads are miniscule.

Indeed. Virtually all of their staff on the day are umpaid volunteers who do it for the love of cycling, so their overheads are miniscule.

Don't thinks its quite as simple as that. There's road closures, signage, merchandise , venue hire.

Drago

Legendary Member
Those are tiny expenditures compared to what they would be lashing out if they had to pay for their staff. That's money they pocket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom