Velo South - West Sussex 23/09/2018 (Closed Road 100)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Taking place on Sunday September 23rd 2018, Vélo South is a major new 100 mile fully closed road sportive for the UK.

Starting and finishing on the iconic Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, the route will take 15,000 riders on a truly unforgettable journey through the stunning West Sussex countryside and the magnificent rolling hills of the South Downs."

I did Velo Birmingham last year, which was a totally amazing day. The cost of the above event won't leave much change out of £100 - However if your local to this area I wouldn't miss this whatever the cost.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Just had the email for this event so I have pre-registered.

+/- £100 is mentioned above. Is this the suggested entry fee or an estimate of total cost including travel to the event etc.?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Just had the email for this event so I have pre-registered.

+/- £100 is mentioned above. Is this the suggested entry fee or an estimate of total cost including travel to the event etc.?

Well Velo birmingham was £75 entrance fee and sold out within 48 hours - so i would guess its just the entrance fee.

"Taking place on Sunday September 23rd 2018, Vélo South is a major new 100 mile fully closed road sportive for the UK.

Starting and finishing on the iconic Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, the route will take 15,000 riders on a truly unforgettable journey through the stunning West Sussex countryside and the magnificent rolling hills of the South Downs."

I did Velo Birmingham last year, which was a totally amazing day. The cost of the above event won't leave much change out of £100 - However if your local to this area I wouldn't miss this whatever the cost.

It’s a good route.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Do it while you can. I'll wager it won't get run a second time. We hate cyclists in West Sussex. And we hate road closures even more.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Do it while you can. I'll wager it won't get run a second time. We hate cyclists in West Sussex. And we hate road closures even more.

That was my approach to the Birmingham velo. I never expected a 2nd edition so made sure I did the first. ......Only problem it was so damn good !!!!

Actually if CSM hawk closed road velo's from location to location doing 1 year in each - to me it would be a matter of time - before a national ban (or legislation that takes the decision away from local councillors) is introduced.

That was my approach to the Birmingham velo. I never expected a 2nd edition so made sure I did the first. ......Only problem it was so damn good !!!!

Actually if CSM hawk closed road velo's from location to location doing 1 year in each - to me it would be a matter of time - before a national ban (or legislation that takes the decision away from local councillors) is introduced.
It’s happening as we speak. The first step is an attempt to ban cycles from DCs, that’s almost at the parliamentary stage already, it’s a short hop skip and a jump to banning large cycling events. I hate this country’s anti cycling sentiment.

I’ve just been at the cycle show, chatting to the people from the Velo South. Stand by your beds next Thursday, that’s when the payment window opens for people who’ve pre registered. The next Velo Birmingham is in April 2019.

Nig mtb

Über Member
I recon £85 entry fee.
I have registered not too sure if I can be bothered, it's right on my door step and i ride these roads a lot. Doing the ride 100 and was going to do the New Forest 100 sportive, which is the week before.
Interesting on how the road closures work out as it looks like the south coast is cut off for the day

Top Bottom