Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Did a 60 mile ride up to Banbury today via a rather meandering route, which added 25 new tiles to my map and also 31 to my main cluster.

The plan was to then take a train home from there to either Haddenham or Princes Risborough, from where I could cycle home (an extra 8-10 miles). However the ever useless rail company known locally as Chiltern Failways, decided to have one of their all too frequent snafus and all southbound trains from Banbury were cancelled due to some terrible excuse or another.

Rang up the other half to see if she could give me a lift home and she suggested I cycle to the outskirts of Brackley (9 miles away from where I was) which would be easier for her to get to and we'd both probably arrive there at about the same time (I ended up beating her by less than 5 minutes). And as a bonus, that got me a further 3 tiles and another 5 on the cluster.

Animation1.gif

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did a 60 mile ride up to Banbury today via a rather meandering route, which added 25 new tiles to my map and also 31 to my main cluster.

The plan was to then take a train home from there to either Haddenham or Princes Risborough, from where I could cycle home (an extra 8-10 miles). However the ever useless rail company known locally as Chiltern Failways, decided to have one of their all too frequent snafus and all southbound trains from Banbury were cancelled due to some terrible excuse or another.

Rang up the other half to see if she could give me a lift home and she suggested I cycle to the outskirts of Brackley (9 miles away from where I was) which would be easier for her to get to and we'd both probably arrive there at about the same time (I ended up beating her by less than 5 minutes). And as a bonus, that got me a further 3 tiles and another 5 on the cluster.

View attachment 729725

This is where our squares overlap :okay:

My wife is also called upon to be International Rescue for me. Luckily fairly infrequently.

steverob

Guru
This is where our squares overlap :okay:
I've actually had a ride planned for a while now, either to or from your neck of the woods to cross off some tiles, including those small chunks missing from my map above near Brackley. It'll either start or finish at Warwick Parkway station (depending on wind conditions that day) but given my problems with Chiltern Railways (I commute with them 4 days a week, so I know how bad they can be) I'll be putting it off for a while at least.

1714992466370.png

As you can see, I've done something similar before starting from Leamington Spa station, so this is a chance to start building up some more tiles in that area and eventually getting round to turning them purple.

Plus if you've noticed, there's a sneaky little detour at the 20 mile mark to go up Edge Hill and cross that off my list.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've actually had a ride planned for a while now, either to or from your neck of the woods to cross off some tiles, including those small chunks missing from my map above near Brackley. It'll either start or finish at Warwick Parkway station (depending on wind conditions that day) but given my problems with Chiltern Railways (I commute with them 4 days a week, so I know how bad they can be) I'll be putting it off for a while at least.

View attachment 729792

As you can see, I've done something similar before starting from Leamington Spa station, so this is a chance to start building up some more tiles in that area and eventually getting round to turning them purple.

Plus if you've noticed, there's a sneaky little detour at the 20 mile mark to go up Edge Hill and cross that off my list.

Give me a shout if you want some company - I live a couple of miles from Warwick Parkway. Midweek better for me as I'm now racing most weekends. You might also want to do Burton Dassett if you like doing climbs/routes that the Pros have done. Tour of Britain and Women's Tour have done it several times and it is quite a fun climb - just a few miles from Edge Hill.

steverob

Guru
Tell me about it! In my area we've not just got HS2 but also East-West Rail (EWR) works closing roads left, right and centre. In fact the two lines cross each other (or will eventually) about 10 miles northwest of me near the village of Calvert. And that's a direction I like to cycle in because it's relatively flat compared to the rest of my local terrain, so I'm very used to having to make sudden detours!

13 rider

Guru
A week away in Somerset saw me add 83 new squares ,total now 6180 , Was based on the Somerset levels it was very flat and not too windy so fast riding for me most rides over 17mph , Also headed out and did Cheddar Gorge climb which is stunningly beautiful and not too bad of a climb all the steep stuff to start with then a long drag at a steady gradient , I think that's 10 of the top 100 climbs ,which I don't intend completeing

Norry1

Legendary Member
A week away in Somerset saw me add 83 new squares ,total now 6180 , Was based on the Somerset levels it was very flat and not too windy so fast riding for me most rides over 17mph , Also headed out and did Cheddar Gorge climb which is stunningly beautiful and not too bad of a climb all the steep stuff to start with then a long drag at a steady gradient , I think that's 10 of the top 100 climbs ,which I don't intend completeing

Cheddar Gorge is a very nice climb innit :okay:

Top Bottom