Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skuhravy

Veteran
I've been busy riding my bike so haven't pushed my scores up much recently. But a ride round t'Moors yesterday pushed my cluster up to 2650 or so.

And since everyone else is sharing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-18-18-41-07.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-18-18-41-07.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 52

Ivo

I've been busy riding my bike so haven't pushed my scores up much recently. But a ride round t'Moors yesterday pushed my cluster up to 2650 or so.

And since everyone else is sharing...

You'll be repeating the bit west of Paris next year?

Ivo

That's the plan, Ivo! And maybe fill in some gaps either side of it too.

There are some rumours about routechanges so that might be already catered for. Certainly there'll be a few Parisian gaps to cover before and after the event.
I did some gapcovering 4 years ago on the saturday after the finish.

Ivo

The rumours are confirmed, the start is moved to Rambouillet. So to maximise your new tiles you shouldn't stay in Paris but in Chartres (30 minutes by train, 40km) to the south-west of the start and ride out and back to the bikecheck ;).

Venod

Eh up
Following last weeks bagging of the tricky Drax square I have been out today to improve my max square.

From 20 x 20 I have gone to 24 x 24

It says I have 6704 tiles at an average of 6.370 mile per square.

Max Cluster 816

I don't fully understand the Max Cluster thing, if I click and download a KML file of unexplored tiles around my max cluster, when I open the file in google earth I have visited a lot of the tiles that are highlighted so I don't know whats going on.

Ivo

Yesterday I filled up some gaps between quite a bunch of tiles near Antwerp and my cluster. So now I've crossed the Schelde with my cluster. Next up will be crossing the Rhine. The clusterscore is slowly reaching a decent level. 2366. My max cluster is quite limited by the shooting range near Houthalen.

veloviewer+tiles+19082018.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Grabbed a few extra squares on holiday through France, adding to those done last year. Nearly done all possible squares on Ile de Re, just enough left to justify a return visit:smile:

A question if I may. I plan my rides using RidewithGPS, and having a tab with that open, plus a Veloviewer tab and flipping back and forth to make sure I get the squares is a tad annoying. Can I plan the rides on Veloviewer, or overlay a grip on RwGPS?

wajc

Veteran
I think the nearest you'll get is to use Chrome and plan your rides on Strava with the Veloviewer extension for Strava installed.

The darker pink squares are ones I have already ridden through, the bluish squares are part of my max cluster, the blue line is showing the western edge of my max square. The lighter squares are ones I have yet to ride through.

The drawbacks of Strava compared to RWGPS is that if you have to go off road the Strava 'manual' routing is not so good as RWGPS 'Draw lines' function and the step by step route instructions are not as good on Strava either.

upload_2018-8-24_22-15-8.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I think the nearest you'll get is to use Chrome and plan your rides on Strava with the Veloviewer extension for Strava installed.

The darker pink squares are ones I have already ridden through, the bluish squares are part of my max cluster, the blue line is showing the western edge of my max square. The lighter squares are ones I have yet to ride through.

The drawbacks of Strava compared to RWGPS is that if you have to go off road the Strava 'manual' routing is not so good as RWGPS 'Draw lines' function and the step by step route instructions are not as good on Strava either.

View attachment 426688

I've got those squares ^_^

Top Bottom