Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Done two long rides the last two Monday's (May bank holiday and now a week off work) and have extended my cluster slightly on both of them. First ride added six tiles to the northern edge between Newport Pagnell and Cranfield, while the more recent one I went to the southern boundary and gained three tiles to the east of Marlow and four to the west.

Didn't have time to do proper GIFs this time, but here's two maps I've shoddily coloured in. Blue tiles are the new ones, red ones I'd already done previously (some revisited on this ride, most not).

1623233559915.png

Managed to add another 10 tiles or so, mainly filling in gaps yesterday. It was so hot in Hertfordshire. After leaving the edge of Hatfield with lots of water, I realised I was hungry and thirsty but decided to wait for a shop which never turned up. Found water at a pub but wasn't feeling good so aborted any more squares and rode to Luton for the train. Train station shops were all shut so no food there either.

Still; a good day of square grabbing even if a little slow

PapaZita

Guru
It was a bit warm, wasn’t it! I headed west from St Albans, through the Chilterns, to get five new tiles near Stokenchurch, my first in a while. The scenery looked particularly good in the sunshine, even if the cyclist probably didn’t.

13 rider

Guru
I have been away in Oswestry for a few days so a few vv tiles were grabbed ,82 while I was there then another 83 were grabbed on the ride home . Total tiles now 4913 no other changes

Last edited:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I hoped that a hike, recorded with my Garmin Watch would still fill a square in as there's a few in the middle of the Peaks that are impossible to get on a bike so am at a bit of an impasse, eastwards.

Having the mersey estuary to the west will also prompt a bit of a problem.

PapaZita

Guru
85 miles yesterday, up into Bedfordshire to visit places with curious names such as Newton Blossomville. At Pictshill House near Turvey a bridleway led me through a field of water buffalo. Fortunately they were all too busy lying down (due to the impending rain) to pay me any attention, but I was still quite happy to reach the gate at the other side. Altogether 12 new tiles, and the first increase in my square in a long time, to 41x41.

13 rider

Guru
I had a square that's was bugging me as I had completed surrounded it with getting in but it's 30 miles from home . Today I had an chance to grab it . My big sister had arrange a family picnic at Rutland water which I could ride too and the tile was near enough to make the detour . Into the village of Riddlington down the deadend road up the gravel briblepath as you do, got some strange looks from the mountain bikers going the other way ,Don't think they expected a road bike down here . Tile grabbed retraced the route ,As I was early I extended my ride and grabbed 4 more tiles . The little gap in the map has gone . Need 55 more tiles for 5000 can I make it this year

steverob

Guru
Added 14 tiles to my total and increased my my cluster by 19 on my ride up to Towcester yesterday. Only three tiles I had to go out of my way specifically to get, the rest were on the planned route regardless. One of them involved going down a long private road to a rather posh golf course and conference centre, but considering the only other way to cross that tile off was to attend a track day at Silverstone circuit, I thought that this was slightly easier!
Before.png
-->
After.png

Top Bottom