Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Not been here for a while, ever since I stopped the 100m & 100km challenge getting new squares has been a challenge. But with a week in the Lakes last week, and a day at Christchurch yesterday I've nabbed another 20 or so. Rather pleasingly the Christchurch ones tied on nicely to a group done back in 2017, annoyingly I turned around too early at Hengistbury Head and missed that one which means a re-visit!

13 rider

Guru
Added 14 tiles to my total and increased my my cluster by 19 on my ride up to Towcester yesterday. Only three tiles I had to go out of my way specifically to get, the rest were on the planned route regardless. One of them involved going down a long private road to a rather posh golf course and conference centre, but considering the only other way to cross that tile off was to attend a track day at Silverstone circuit, I thought that this was slightly easier!
View attachment 604504 --> View attachment 604505
For those after the tricky Silverstone tiles ,British cycling have an event on ride the circuit on Sept 5th £36 !!
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/cycle-silverstone/prices

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
They used to have about 5 cycling free rides a year (by free I mean not tied to a specific event, you still had to pay through the nose!) at the circuit but Covid knocked those on the head. Not that I could get to most of them anyway as they were typically 5pm starts on weekdays, but glad to see they’re bringing them back.

However, all the tiles in and around the circuit can also be reached via public roads apart from one and I’ve now crossed that one off too, so I’m now good.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You could hardly call a path but yes I wasn't on the A1 , short section near Great Ponton only other way into the tile was marked private rd

I did it via the green lane track - your route looked much easier

1630170120708.png

Decided to reactivate my Veloviewer account and go for a tile which had been outstanding. This was the result from this:

To this:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Managed to bag another 24 squares over the last two days which increased the max cluster by another 44.

I'm getting close to being able to extended the max square again, another 23 squares will do it, only problem they are in the north west corner,south east corner, and southern edge, but at least I can start planning them ^_^

Decided to reactivate my Veloviewer account and go for a tile which had been outstanding. This was the result from this:

View attachment 607847

To this:

View attachment 607848
Picked out another strategic square yesterday now to raise it to a 16x16max square and with last weekend's trip with some mates I raised my max cluster to 645.

Solocle

Ãœber Member
After LEJOG.
1632134722917.png

4646 tiles (+1136).

Max cluster is 1404, up by only a couple of tiles. I had some little tiling excursions planned that I generally ignored.

However, I joined up all my big rides, and showed my mini-clusters some love:
1632134958416.png

1632135016976.png

Before:
1632135080944.png

It may come as no surprise that one of my eventual goals is to join these up to my main cluster. It's a fair bit easier now that I've done one ride up the backbone of England :laugh:

Attachments

• 1632134716875.png
    1632134716875.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom