Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Got a few more squares today tidying up edges of current max square. Next outing should mean a jump in max square.

JonBuoy

Veteran
I rode the Stonton to Noseley track on my 'summer bike' on 25mm slicks two year ago. A certain amount of caution was required as there were some areas where there were large cracks in the ground.

NB a mate tried it from the Nosely end a week ago and turned back as there were 'Bull in 'Field' signs.

Stonton.JPG

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Indeed some are much more amenable and sensible to do as part of a walk.

Solocle

Über Member
Solocle, that looks like a great goal...did you plan the route to ensure a string of blue?
Yep, I also have one planned that pushes the cluster up to Sheffield, which is rather striking - but I don't have many existing rides to work with, there!
1593087979053.png

600 km of goodness...

Back to reality, I've got several approaches for the Oxford connection - I could chip away at it from either end (to Devizes), which is feasible as a 150 km round trip. But, chances are that at some point there's going to be a drive up to Banbury to pick up my gumph from storage, so a long one way ride is very feasible...
1593088813464.png

Those are the tiles that would be part of the max cluster on completion.

Last edited:
Having got my cluster from Lufbra to London, I'd recommend a series of shorter rides without too many out and back detours. I say this mainly because it can start to get a bit tiring and slow if you're forever turning round. It may have taken me a few more rides to do it this way but was pleasant (apart from the gap in the middle of the country).

Top Bottom