Velobici Modernist Ride Cap - HOW MUCH?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Shocked at what people pay for stuff....perceived value....perceived quality....perceived additional benefits?
None of buying stuff makes sense. Every argument to come about Lidl versus Cafe du Cycliste is only opinion, and none of it will be objective.
For example:
I bought a hat from clothing brand This is Cambridge. About forty quid. Winter hat. Flaps for the old lugs. Merino. Sheep were probably sung to by some antipodean throat warbler while they were being shorn, dangling from comfy hammocks in zero gravity luxury. I dunno.
And I look like a proper DORK wearing the thing. Wouldn’t be seen dead in it at any other time than when charging up the road on the bike. It’s got a pink stripe on it ffs!
When it turned up, it was in a paper bag sewn up, and the maker had signed the little paper check ticket. Whatever. Marketing rollocks. Or a nice touch.
Thing is, the hat fits my big, ugly head, and it makes me smile when I stick it on, or stuff it in my pocket.
I can’t afford a forty quid hat. I had to give up something else to get it, and work a bit harder to justify it for a few weeks after. There is no sense in that, no logic behind it really. I may try to convince myself the hat will last all my remaining cycling winters. Can’t prove a ten quid one from China made of old Pepsi bottles wouldn’t do the same job.
We’re programmed, hard wired to say Yes! That’s what the economy relies on, as I see it. People saying yes to shoot they don’t need or want or can afford. Instead of stopping and saying Wait a minute! and then No!
That VB stuff looks a bit tatty to me anyway. The models need a good square dinner and the photographer should get himself some light bulbs. Now, if those hats were non-mulesed merino....

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I bought 5 jerseys from a local store about 6 years ago. They cost about 3 pounds each. 4 are still in the wrappers. I wear the 4th on a regular basis but cannot destroy it. I have also had expensive jerseys that last no time at all.

Its those little logos like Rapha that costs so much. All the jerseys are made in the same factory ^_^

The models need a good square dinner and the photographer should get himself some light bulbs.

The photos are unpleasantly Terry Richardonish, to my eye. The models, on the other hand, are fine. Fine. Fine. I think I'm starting to come around on the man-bun.

I am bit perturbed about this jersey, which is theoretically nice, and not expensive for what it is, but it looks wrinkly in all the model photos.
bordeaux-d-site.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The photos are unpleasantly Terry Richardonish, to my eye. The models, on the other hand, are fine. Fine. Fine. I think I'm starting to come around on the man-bun.

I am bit perturbed about this jersey, which is theoretically nice, and not expensive for what it is, but it looks wrinkly in all the model photos.
View attachment 400884

A bit old hat - I had that Jersey as my school Jersey back in 1980. This is me wearing it after my first day of school. I doubt it cost a tenth of the price of today's version.

scan10612.JPG

Top Bottom